Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum visits Dallas, Tx.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Maribelle, May 5, 2006.

1. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

FYI....

Dr. Teitelbaum is a best selling author, researcher and world renowned medical expert on Chronic Fatique and
    Fibromyalgia. He will be in Dallas on June 7 at 6:30 pm at the Westin Galleria Dallas. It is free and he will
    be discussing health issues and the treatment protocols
    that he has developed.

He is also the author of From Fatiqued to Fantastic and
    Pain Free 1-2-3.

Many may have known of him, but I recently came upon his
    book at a health food store.

Thought I would pass this info on.

Have a good day...

Maribelle
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

If you do go, I'd love to hear what he had to say. Or if any other Texans are planning to go!
  3. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

I heard Dr. T speak at FAME2000 in LA, and had the pleasure of meeting him there.

He is an incredibly compassionate man, and the ONLY doctor with a protocol that has been proved to help in a double-blind, placebo controlled study (published in the Journal of CFS).

I haven't tried his protocol, since the Xyrem has worked so well for me, but I know people who have and are doing extraordinarily well.

I'd recommend that anyone who can get to his lecture try to do so. If nothing else, his optimism and enthusiasm for treating this DD will encourage you!

julie (is free!)

You can't hide
    your lyin' eyes.. - The Eagles
  4. Maribelle

Maribelle New Member

Yes, I am planning to attend his lecture. I will post info
    on what I learned for those interested.

I am in such a bad flare right now that I am praying that I
    will feel better so that I can attend.

We have had lots of damp, rainy nights. I feel it in my
    whole body.

I am very excited to go hear Dr. T speak....I have heard
    great things about him. I heard that he gives most of his proceeds from his books to battered women organizations and to children of battered women. ISN'T THAT FANTASTIC?!

God Bless,
    Maribelle

5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Maribelle - I am glad to hear you are going to hear Dr. Teitelbaum. I, too, hope you are feeling well enough to go and that a flare doesn't rear its ugly head.

If you have a tape recorder, you might want to record his talk (if they allow it). I have a digital recorder that is awesome. It is very small and lightweight. It helps my foggy brain to be able to listen to something a second and third time.

Looking forward to your post.

julieisfree - Thanks for posting about your experience with Dr. T. It's good to know he is on our side and really wants to help find a cure for these DD's.

BTW, I love your little sayings at the end of your posts. Some really make me smile, or laugh, or just think. I like them!
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

7. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Glad you like the "snippets" at the end of my posts. I put them on my email too. I'm going through a horrible divorce, so they help me keep my sense of humor too!

julie (is free!)

I'll be glad to take you back
    just as soon as I stop breathin'
    Maybe you should have thought about that
    when you were cheatin'

- Sara Evans
  8. amuzyka

amuzyka New Member

I do plan on attending this lecture in Dallas. I live about 10 minutes from Galleria. This will be close to be. I have read his book and listened to a lecture.

We are involved with the "battered women" association. A family member is on the Board of Directors.

Am anxious to hear his side of the meds. since the pain and sleep meds have been in the news the last couple of weeks. I do read this board daily but have only replied a couple of times. There are many people far more educated on this illness and have done their research.

Once of the doctors I am seeing is a Pain Management doctor. and his PA is just wonderful.

Thanks for letting us know about the date of this lecture. You sound like you have a wonderful family, and start your day off on the right foot. My grandchildren attend a Catholic school and my daughter and son-in-law are very active in both the school and church.

Am looking forward to attending this lecture and hope you will be able to attend. Thanks again for the post, and many post done on this board.

A Planowoman.

Anne
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2006]
  9. forfink

forfink New Member

Thanks so much for the information on the lecture. I live in Plano right off the exit to the tollway. Would love to go.
  10. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

if he is going to be anywhere else in Texas, like Houston or Austin? My jury is still out on him, that's why I'd like to go.

I just now have the book, "From Fatigued to Fantastic", but I haven't got to it yet. My sister doesn't care for him. She is my "Other" doctor and drives me nut-so, but I love her very much.