Dr. James Oleske

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jasminetee, Nov 4, 2009.

1. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Dr. James Oleske was the Chair of the CFSAC meeting last week and so I thought I'd look him up just to see what more I could find out about him. I came across this from our new friend the NYT regarding his work with pediatric AIDS:

"Dr. Oleske frequently pauses to express his exasperation with a system that seems to be beyond caring. ''We're not that kind of country,'' he cries, while sensing that the Government simply doesn't care about gays and addicts. Stymied by budget cuts, he declares, ''I have to believe my President really cares, and when he finds out the truth, he'll do something.'' The record speaks for itself."

Dr. Oleske said several times during the CFSAC meeting that the XMRV finding was reminding him of the early days of the HIV discovery.

I think the people on the CFSAC are our heroes. :) I couldn't find an email addy to thank Dr. Oleske for Chairing the CFSAC. If anyone can, please post it here.

[This Message was Edited on 11/04/2009]
  2. wendysj

wendysj New Member

Hi Teejkay,

Thanks for posting this information. I'm slowly trying to catch up with all the doctors that are out there helping us. I have a LOT to learn.

Thanks again for your help.
  3. denis321

denis321 New Member

4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you frenchtulip and Denis you found it. How do you do that? :)

I hope others here will thank Dr. Oleske for Chairing the CFSAC for the past few years. This was his last meeting Chairing for it.