Dr. Jemsek

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by jess, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen this Dr? I am interested in possibly setting up an appointment. ANyone have experiences? Good or Bad? Thanks, Jess
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

I was referred to him for my son by at least 5 others as well who had good experiences, they responded elsewhere to requests for referrals....... we travel a long ways, as do many others; even from Europe.

His prices have gone up since insurance won't pay for any services from him... but he is well worth it to us. There is another thread here talking about him and prices.

You might check out places like lymenet flash where there are lots of others who have seen him, that might probably give you a better overall consensus... not that many people here overall...

all the best,
    Victoria

[This Message was Edited on 02/03/2008]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Have you been able to find someone who's lyme-literate or at least open to educating him/herself about chronic lyme? What type of treatment are you pursuing right now?

Just wondering, didn't see it in your posts here, but I may have missed it (or fogged it out) on here or the other board...

all the best,

Victoria
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I hope they work out for you!

I think for some it takes getting to full dosage on Buhner's protocol before seeing anything happen... not sure as I/we haven't pursued it... at least not yet. My son is still pulsing oral abx 2 weeks of every month, not sure if he can cut down yet or not.

I am progressing on the Marshall Protocol Phase 2 (despite all the controversy LOL)...

ie, I keep herxing just as predicted, so it is obvious it IS killing something. No ill effects so far, just good ones happily.

I just wish I hadn't taken off over 2 years because of 'life' getting in the way. But sometimes it can't be helped!

all the best,
    Victoria

5. victoria

victoria New Member

it's still too soon to say he has his life back. At least he isn't in constant pain; altho he has yet to try anything physical on a routine basis. But the neuro symptoms have been the most difficult... still hanging around, and unpredictable... he had to drop out taking only one basic Math course last Fall, as he still gets effects from herxing... Which is why he's still pulsing abx.

all the best,
    Victoria

6. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Before jumping to IV. He thinks they work better. What about IM shots? Those don't carry the risk of sepsis!
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

from the standpoint that IVs were advised for my son, but not mandatory, and up to him (& we as his parents). But, what he observes likely dictates what he advises. I also asked about heparin at the time, but at least in my son's case it wasn't felt it was necessary if the infections were killed.

Back to the old 'every patient is different' I guess... and to add controversy, the MP IS working for ME............. regardless of the fights on the other board lol.

8. tansy

tansy New Member

as well as m.e.. i had classic acute onset of both but the borelliosis/lyme happened two years after i had m.e.. i have marked cns and pns involvement.

my llmd told me i needed iv abx but getting them was beyond my physical and financial resources. back then they were particularly difficult to access in the uk even if self funding. now the brakespeare hospital provides iv abx for those who can afford them.

i ended up opting for non abx protocols.

tansy