Dr. Just changed my Rx from Tramadol to Darvocet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LollieBoo, Sep 24, 2005.

1. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I was having little relief from Tramadol, taking 200 mg. max. per day, so she switched me to DarvocetN 100/ 625, 1/ 6 hrs. and 2 at bedtime. I feel like I'm taking NOTHING.

Anyone else out there take Darvocet? Does it get better with time? Hubby suggested that maybe once it builds up in my system, it may be more effective. That hope is all that is keeping me from switching back to the Tramadol... even though it did not work so well, either!

Thanks for your input!
    -Lollie
  2. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I have a friend who was taking Darvocet and complaining about her pain, finally a new doc said she could have a stronger pain med. I don't know what she is going to try, Lortabs, I think.

I believe besides FMS, she also has nerve entrapment problems.

I take Lortabs 10/500, but haven't needed one today, which is rare as I usually need at least one a day.

Good luck!

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2005]
  3. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I had already told my doc that being on Lortabs left me still in pain most of the time... why take a step down?

Has ANYONE had relief from Darvocet?
  4. geomatos

geomatos New Member

darvocet is a very weak narcotic, it does not build up in the system over time.do not take more than prescribed because it has a large amount of tylenol in it. personally i think youre better off with the ultram.
  5. BethM

BethM New Member

I use Darvocet very successfully. Usually take half an N-100 pill with a tylenol and get good relief. (I have a very low tolerance for pain meds, so I can get away with this.) I can function at work and to drive with this dose.

I tried Utram once, and paced the floor all night. It wound me up so badly, I never took it again.

It is a mild narcotic med, but works for me. On the other hand, Vicodin doesn't even make me sleepy, nor does it stop my pain. So, go figure!

I do monitor my Darvocet and tylenol use, and have liver enzyme tests run at least yearly. I can't use any NSAIDS, so Darvon, or anything else with aspirin in it is out for me.

I hope the Darvocet works for you.

Peace,
    Beth.
  6. elsa

elsa New Member

I have never taken darvocet for FM but I do take Ultram. It's been pretty successful for me, but I take a higher dose then you were taking. .... Double I think.

I take 2 tabs (100mgs) every four to six hours. So end up with 400mgs in my system in 24hr period.

What about taking ultram full strength (400) and keep darvocet for break thru pain? I don't know if they are a good mix, but it might be worth asking about.

Take care,

Elsa
  7. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I think that's where I'm at right now. I will ask my doc, 'cause i'm just hurting right now. Thinking about going back on Tramadol even until I ask ker. It's too hard to get anything done! It does make me feel better that I'm not the only one, so thanks, y'all for all the input! I was starting to wonder if I'd maybe actually somehow developed a really high tolerance! Thanks Again,
    Lollie