Dr. Kent Holtorf just on Fox News Re: Swine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ulala, Sep 12, 2009.

1. ulala

ulala New Member

Flu shot stating his concern about getting the shot. He only said a few sentences and I was in another room. I'm sure they'll play the clip again. Fox Cable News said they spoke to four doctors and three said it was safe to get the swine flu shot, but Dr. Holtorf expressing concern.

Dr. Holtorf is one of the founding doctors of Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers in Torrance, Ca.
  2. loto

loto Member

I didn't see the news, but I asked my friend, who's a nurse and she said absolutely DO NOT get the swine flu shot.
    She has something like Fibromyalgia like I do, but it's called polyfibro-something or other.
    Back in the 70's when she got the vaccine, it almost killed her.
    Take Dr. Holtorf's word for it, and do not get it!!

loto
  3. jole

jole Member

I know docs vary on their opinions, but my sister lives in a large city, and her doctor said anyone that gets the shot is asking for big trouble! He's totally against it, and actually told her that he feels the swine flu is a bunch of hype at this point.

I saw the tv show, and there is something in the vaccine that can cause serious long-term effects, including cancer. Forget now what all the disorders were that they said though, or what the ingredient in the vaccine is. I do think I saw another post on the board that has it listed though.
  4. jole

jole Member

I know docs vary on their opinions, but my sister lives in a large city, and her doctor said anyone that gets the shot is asking for big trouble! He's totally against it, and actually told her that he feels the swine flu is a bunch of hype at this point.

I saw the tv show, and there is something in the vaccine that can cause serious long-term effects, including cancer. Forget now what all the disorders were that they said though, or what the ingredient in the vaccine is. I do think I saw another post on the board that has it listed though.

There is no way I would want any of my children/grands to get this vaccine...the chance a person takes with the flu itself is less than it is with the vaccine................Jole
  5. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Dr. Holtort is into the vaccine conspiracy, alt. treatents and his ideas are not evidence based.

gap
  6. mayaplayabum

mayaplayabum New Member

My husbands dr told him she was not recommending this vaccine to any of her patients-no matter what age-he is 72.
  7. debilyn

debilyn New Member

are in mainstream medical journals for the most part. A quick search shows that he's well-respected in traditional medical circles. He's published quite a few peer reviewed research pieces on our DDs.

Interesting to note . . .

~debilyn
    [This Message was Edited on 09/12/2009]
  8. ulala

ulala New Member

they've said that it's been put together very quickly and not tested thoroughly enough. Now that a student recently died at Cornell from swine flu there will be more pressure and urgency to get it mass marketed.