Dr. Lerner 2008 London Video

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chrissy12, Sep 27, 2008.

1. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I was at Dr. Lerner's office this week and he told me that the London conference where he presented his material is being put up on his site. I found it today and watched it.
    It is very interesting. I am in Group B of his studies so there was not as much information yet.

It seems like there is some hope when you listen to his presentation. He seems very knowledgeable....
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thank you. i didnt know there was a new video. i am going to watch it now..

3. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

But I couldn't find it. Can you tell me a little more about how to watch this video online? Thanks! Deb
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

go the left and the very bottom:)

5. stschn

stschn New Member

I just watched Dr. Lerners video and I want to thank you so much. I was pleased that he talked about exercise and got an applause when he said that we should not exercise. I've tried to tell so many Doctors that every time I did any exercise I'd relaspe only to hear them say "just walk", "start slow" or "you don't need to do much" and only to be blown off again as though I didn't know what was going on with my body. However I have found that I can do anaerobic or isometric exercise with not pay back. Only a little and very slowly but I can do it. Also does Dr. Lerner ever talk about the cognitive problem that go with the DD? I can't remember him doing it-but with my brain that doesn't mean much. Thanks, Joyce
  6. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

When I first started with Dr. Lerner, he did ask me about my brain fog cognitive functioning.

It has improved. I would say that is the one area where I have seen the most improvement so far. However, right now I am experiencing some die off from the IV's, so I feel brain fogged again.

Yes, I agree with you about the exercise. There are times, especially now, where walking to the mailbox makes me feel ill. My family has been staying with me the last 3 weeks, and I think they are seeing the reality of this DD.
    They see how I sick I get with just a little exercise. I have not gotten to the point where I can try it on any regular basis.

I also agree with the part where Dr. Lerner stressed it. He was emphatic that you do not exercise these patients until they get to at least 7 or 8.

I think I read where you were having some good days. Are you still having them? I get encouraged when I hear someone is improving.....

Take care, Cindy
  7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

cindy! i have heard from many sources that brain fog improves first and is a sure sign you on the right treatment.

8. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Yay on the brain fog improvement!!

I would love to see that, it scares me sometimes how foggy I can be.

Do you know how long it takes to know if the IV's did their job? Would it improve after the 6 weeks or does it take some months to measure?

9. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am not sure when I will notice improvement. From what I gather, after the 6 weeks, then I have to start back on valcyte for the CMV. I am trying to be patient. Some days better than others.
  10. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

It's definitely a long road for us. It's nice that you've hit the half-way mark in your IV treatment. That always makes me feel better to know that I have more behind me than in front of me.

Continued good vibes being sent your way!

11. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I appreciate everyone's good vibes from this board!!!!