Dr Lerner is the best :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by quamijay, Jan 27, 2009.

1. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Just wanted to say he's one of the best cfs doctors out there. To add to that he has the best bed side manner and the most warm and caring attitude towards his patients! He ranked me a 6-7 on his scale and is confident I can get back to where I was before cfs.
  2. emmally

emmally New Member

He is a great man! I am struggeling around a 5 right now and would LOVE to be a 7!...That is just great!!
  3. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Thank you. So nice to have a doctor who actually cares. Not like all my previous ones who say "THERE'S NO CURE", "ALL TESTS ARE FINE", "YOUR WRONG", "ITS IN YOUR HEAD".

Emmally, are you seeing Dr, Lerner? No doubt you will reach the 7. Good luck and best of health :)
  4. AquariusGirl

AquariusGirl New Member

I love my Dr. too who is very positive and upbeat. Sometimes you need that to keep going.
  5. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

Were you there at his office today? I had an appt earlier today (1/27). My husband came with me and we had to wait a long time to see him, but I feel it's worth it because he always spends as much time with us as we need.

I am sooo envious (but encouraged) that you guys are so high on the scale! When I started working with him in Sept 2008, I was a 3.5. Now, I am down to a 2 :( My EBV has been negative the last 3 times but I feel worse than ever. I will be starting Valcyte due to HHV-6 and hope that will help. He tells me to not give up, and I find his encouragement helpful. I know it takes a long time, and I am trying to be patient. It's hard because my job is being held until August but I know the body will follow its own clock and not my university's clock...
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

acquarius....dr. lerner is in beverly hills, MI.

quam...wow! a 7! i am barely a 2.5! how long did you have CFS?

7. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Hi Smurfee17,

Yes I was in the office today. I remembered seeing a lady with her husband so maybe that was you? It seems alot of his patients are prohealthers haha! Hopefully the valcyte is what you need to climb up the energy index.
  8. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Hi Sue,

The 7 was the ranking he gave me. My problem is more so to do with feeling ill and fluey as apposed to immense fatigue so I'm actually able to get by, just cant exercise. I have been sick for 2.5 years, within that time I was actually two periods of 95% remission for about 6 months each time.

I am not actually seeing Dr. Lerner as a regular patient. He is just providing diagnosis and a treatment protocol for another GP to follow because I do not live in the States. My EBV and CMV is negative, but I was very positive for mycoplasma pneumonia infection. We did bloods for HHV6 today and I'll know the results for that in 10 days. Also did a sinus CT to look for problems. My T-waves were also abnormal.
  9. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm glad to hear that you have made your way to Dr. Lerner. I really like him too.

May I ask you though...how the heck did you get him to agree to let another gp treat you on his protocol?
    I have heard of many people, myself included having to travel far to see him. Even poor
    Sue has to make the triip from Canada very often to see him and it hinders her
    recovery periods with the constant travelling,

I am a 3 to 4 on his scale and the trip to see him sent me straight into a nasty horrid flare that lasted weeks. From what I understand he usually refuses to let other doctors treat his patients per his protocol. Maybe I have it wrong?

Anyway please let us know how you convinced him to do this. Best of luck to you and I hope you make a great recovery.[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]
  10. quamijay

quamijay New Member

Hi misskoji,

I'm not sure. I told him I was from New Zealand so I guess that implied that I cant visit him every 6 weeks, Lol! I didn't really even ask him...He just said that he will outline how he would treat me and another doctor can follow it. Obviously he is not responsible for the results of my treatment though.
  11. Smurfette17

Smurfette17 New Member

Quamijay, it was probably me. We were there for a while, from 11:30 to 2pm. I have straight brown hair.

That's great that he lets you use the protocol elsewhere. He has started to let me have some of my tests at my local hospital too, which is very helpful.