Dr. Lerner patients.................

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Has anyone felt better after going to Dr. Lerner? Does he mainly treat viral problems or? Does he put you on alot of supplements or?

Or is he just another dr. who has us like guinea pigs?
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi fibro. i see dr. lerner because i got sick after mono 15 years ago and was convinced my problems were caused by a herpes virus. dr. lerner will treat you for herpes viruses and/or lyme, if the tests indicate it.

he does not push expensive supplements but gives you a list of vitamins he would like you to take. he does not recommend specific brands and you can buy them anywhere.

i have been seeing him since january but saw another doctor before who also had me on antivirals. i have only gotten about 8-10% better so far.

i have been sick for a long time so i am hoping that i will improve later on, but i can't be sure. i am still very sick.

i think empty2void and stovetop have gotten better under dr. lerner's care but i think empty2void may have seen someone else before him.

good luck

3. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

When is Dr. Lerner's office and what is his specialty? I really would love to know.

4. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

He's in Detroit Michigan, his specialty is infectious disease.
  5. Doesn't taking antivirals and antibiotics for a long time do a number on your stomach/bowels?
  6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

o yes! i forgot dr. lerner checks for mycoplasma as well, although he uses only LabCorp. He does his own EBV tests in his own lab. i think he might do his own CMV testing too.

dr. lerner is in a suburb of detroit called beverley hills..it isn't too far from the city.

i have never heard of long-term antivirals affecting the digestive tract, though they might have some other side effects later on. antobiotics can affect the stomach and bowels but i do not know what lerner does about this, since he has never given me antibiotics.

good luck
  7. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Does he have a Web site or book?

8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

there is a video to watch and testimonials as well as his publications.

9. maverick76

maverick76 New Member

Does this cat take most health insurance?
  10. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Thanks Sue. Will look into this.

11. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

cat LMAO

yes...he takes bluecross and medicare.