Dr. Lerner

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lpranger467, Feb 26, 2008.

1. lpranger467

lpranger467 New Member

I saw Dr. Lerner recently, I thought he was very kind and had excellent bed side manner. As for not hearing of him locally (Im also from MI) the Stanford trials are recent, I'm sure that being that this is still not a widely recognized treatment that Dr's (by nature) have to be careful how hard they peddle their product.
  2. carol2354

carol2354 New Member

my name is carol. I am looking for others who are seeing dr.lerner. I just started to see him. I live in FL. He now wants me on 6 weeks of IV's up there.

I am a total wreck just thinking about how I can do that, for he also does not want me to be alone.

My husband is going to try to see if my local doctor (who is willing) to administer the IV anitbitics down here.

How long have you been seeing dr.lerner? and how are you doing?

my email is carolgeraci@verizon.net
  3. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

Welcome to the boards! It's great to have you here, you will find lots of information and support on here.

I see Dr. Lerner and he is currently treating me for Epstein Barr Virus reactivation. I have only been seeing him for a short time so I don't have alot of experience with him yet but I am excited to be in his care.

Another person on the boards, chrissy12, is undergoing 6 weeks of IV therapy in MI right now with him. You may want to put in her username in the search box at the top and search for her posts.

Good for you for fighting for yourself and finding Dr. Lerner - he is an expert in this field!

I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have - you can also search under my user name, ladybugmandy, or empty2void, for others that are seeing him.

Good Luck!

4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello! 15 years of CFS hell under my belt...and i am finally getting better with dr. lener!

dr.lerner is the BEST.

i hope you can find a way to have the IV's done, either locally or in MI. i did not have to have this done (yet)

please email any questions:

5. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I am a patient of Dr. Lerner's. I have been up here 4 weeks doing IV's. The first 3 weeks were really rough. I am starting to see some improvement, but he just added another antibiotic yesterday and said I may experience some more die off.

I had people take turns, my husband came for a week, then my sister from Colorado came for 2 weeks, then mom and dad, then son and my husband is coming back this week. There have been a few days where someone is not with me. The most important time to have someone with you is the first 3 weeks. I needed help with the IV's and then I had to learn how to use a pump and it was nice knowing someone was with me. After I got used to it, I didn't feel I needed it so much, but they are still coming. It does get lonely when no one is with you and you are living in another state. I live in Ohio.

You live a lot farther, so this may be more difficult for you. However, if it makes you better, it will be worth every week you spend here. Some days I just want to give up and go home, but I am determined to finish this.

If there is any possible way of doing it, I would...
    Dr. Lerner warned me 2 months before it actually happened and this helped a lot. It helped me mentally get used to the idea that this may happen.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I would be happy to tell you anything I know. Cindy
  6. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

Did your insurance cover the therapy treatment? I have an appointment with him at the end of the month.

7. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

He takes blue cross and medicare. My insurance company is covering 85% of the IV therapy. They cover 70% of Dr. Lerner's treatment.
  8. carol2354

carol2354 New Member

thank you for your response! I am so glad to here so many are being helped by him. I just hope I can somehow arrange to get the treatments. I really do not have anyone that can visit or come with me. I am going to try to see if he will let my doctor do the IV's from here, he was not open to it, but I am hoping if my doctor calls him he will let me...

9. carol2354

carol2354 New Member

where are you staying? also how do you get around?

if I do have to come up there, I am trying to connect with anyone else who might need help like me...

keep me in mind if you here of anyone that needs to stay up there for 6 weeks and wants a roomate...

I did not have time on this last trip to look for a place to stay, so I have no idea where to begin.

What kind of antibitoics does he have you on? it sounds like he changes and adds some week to week???

thanks again,
  10. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I live in Ohio, so I drove here and I have my car. I don't use it often.

The way I started was looking for apartments in Beverly Hills/Bloomfield/Farmington area. I found a corporate apt. that is fully furnished and wonderful. It is a gated community. It costs a little more than what I found at Residence Inn. It was 60 a night and I am paying 65 a night. If you have the money, it is well worth it.

That is a good idea to see if there is anyone else getting IV's that you could share an apt with. It would solve 2 prolems, money and someone living with you. You could ask Dr. Lerner's office to see if he knows of anyone. I hope you can find someone to help you.

I am on doxycyline 3 x a day and now azithromycin 1 x a day.

Any more questions, let me know. Cindy
  11. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

Thanks for your moral support. It has truly been helpful especially when I am here alone....

They called my insurance to see if they would cover the IV's before they let me know. They did, so I did not have to do anything. Also, the valcyte was given to me without help. They red flagged it for awhile, but then finally approved it. I feel very blessed that I have been able to do this treatment.

You are right about Dr. Lerner helping us. He could be taking life easy right now and yet he works so hard to help us. I had to call him at 11:00 one night and he said."Thank you for calling." and then he answered my questions. The home care nurses know how particular he is and they work hard for him. He really looks out for his patients making sure they are getting the best possible care. I have a new found respect for him since I have been living here and seeing him every week.

Take care, Cindy