Dr. Lowe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cruz, Feb 10, 2007.

1. cruz

cruz New Member

HI - Anyone familiar with Dr. John C. Lowe in Boulder CO? He claims FMS is mistreated thyroid problems and does indiviual work with patients. I need to know if anyone has info as I am thinking of going there this summer and it is costly. I would appreciated ANY response. Many Thanks! Cruz
  2. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I know nothing of Dr. Lowe.

Many many FMS patients have thyroid problems and an underacting thyroid does result in fatigue and other associated problems FMS patients have.

If the thyroid is not functioning, it can be treated with medications.

Will this "fix" fibromyalgia. Nope!

Many of us have allergies, if our allergies are dealt with properly, will that "fix" fibromyalgia. Nope!

Well you get the idea.

Certainly anytime we can tweak an organ or system to operate better, we do feel better.

Good Luck, Cruz.
    Fondly, June

3. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I just learned about him and his beliefs. You can learn more about him at his website: http://www.drlowe.com/index.htm

Nancy
  4. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

My doctor is following Dr. Lowe's protocol with me. I think it might be helping although I have only been on it a short time.

If you have a sensitive doctor, he would be able to adapt the treatment to suit you. There is a patient book you can buy - I have ordered it from Amazon.com which helps explain what to do.

Basically, the protocol has to be adapted to suit each individual, based on objective tests as well as patient feedback and it is not a quick fix. Good luck
  5. cruz

cruz New Member

thanks intunejune, Aberlaine and butterfly for your responses. I agree it is much more than just thyroid (which I have been treated for 30+ years.

snuggles, cruz
  6. cruz

cruz New Member

do you know the name of the book you are referring to?
    cruz
  7. cruz

cruz New Member

thanks! cruz
  8. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I'm on 150 mcg. I was a miracle elixer in the beginning. I keep having to up the dose to feel the magic. Lots of wholistic doctors will treat you with T3. It's the cornerstone of the FFC treatment plan. I think adrenal fatigue must be addressed first.