Dr. Matthew Wallack's fibromyalgia treatment

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bluewing, Jan 5, 2009.

1. bluewing

bluewing New Member

I was looking for "Ashok's program" on You Tube when I saw this. He does an epidural steroid injection in the back and patients are saying it takes away the pain. They say that the injections last longer and longer..
    three months, six months...He says we have inflammation in the spinal canal.

Has anyone tried it, or have you heard of it?

2. bluewing

bluewing New Member

I typed in "Dr. Wallack's fibromyalgia treatment" and found the tv stations this news was on a year ago. One was ABC - WLOX and I believe the other one was WKFK. Their information was on about a year ago and said he had treated more than 50 patients and that it helped almost all of them.

He said he found out about it accidentally when he treated herniated discs and the patient had fibromyalgia too.

I hope insurance will help with this...I plan to talk to the doctor about it
    when I go in this month.

Anybody? What do you think? The people he helped sound so happy to have the pain gone.

3. loto

loto Member

I think I'll pass on this treatment. I had a very bad experience with a steroid injection a few years ago when i had a herniated disc. I don't know if the doctor who administered the injection did it wrong or if I just had a very very bad reaction to it, but I was in 10 times more pain after the injection than before. Like I said, this is just my bad experience, it may be good for others!