Dr. Muhammad B. Yunus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gapsych, Nov 15, 2009.

1. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Has anyone been seen by Dr. Muhammad B. Yunus who practices in Peoria.

What kinds of treatments does he use?

It looks like he has a very good reputation and is about 90 miles from where I live.

2. agcgmom

agcgmom New Member

I have not seen Dr. Yunus but the fibro Dr I was seeing in Chicago (who was wonderful) trained under him and sang his praises. The clinic in Chicago closed last January. I am doing well and have convinced my PCP to follow my FM as long as everything is stable. If I start having trouble again I will go to the Yunus Fibro Clinic.

I called the Yunus Fibro Clinic after it opened and they informed me that they require a physician's referral.

Let us know if you like him and the clinic. Good luck!

3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I am also having my pcp handle my Fibro as she sees lots of FM patients and I was not impressed with the only rheumatologist in my network. She is a sports doctor.

However, right now I have been in a horrific flare and needless to say very frustrated.

Who did you see in Chicago? When I lived there my rheumatologist also trained with someone famous but can't even remember my rheumatologist name. My rheumy's practice in Chicago is through the Rush Medical Center but don't know if this is where he trained.

Is his practice like some of the FM treatment centers where they only promote and sell supplements, are horribly expensive and do not take insurance?

I guess I need to make a call and will report back here if/when I go.

4. agcgmom

agcgmom New Member

I was seeing Dr. Michael McNett at the Fibromyalgia Treatment Center of America(formerly Pargon Clinic) Dr. McNett is not a rheumy, I think his background is in family practice/emergency medicine. I was dx'd by a rheumy but switched to FTCA as soon as I found them. The FTCA did take insurance but was not in every ins network. They did sell things like the theracane, heated bean bags, books, some supplements etc but never once were they pushy. I was so sad when they closed their door.