Dr. Murray Susser, M.D. Holistic

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by TwoCatDoctors, Feb 1, 2011.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

[Dr. Susser has been mentioned on the ProHealth Board even going back to 2008. To help all, here is an excerpt from an 2008 article that provides info on the problem with the Homeopathic Board in Arizona and a few doctors are specifically mentioned, including Dr. Susser.]

----------------------------

Phoenix New Times News

ARIZONA'S HOMEOPATHIC BOARD IS THE SECOND CHANCE FOR DOCTORS WHO MAY NOT DESERVE ONE.

. . .

DR. MURRAY SUSSER

Dr. Murray Susser, 73, has been practicing alternative medicine for decades. The California Medical Board has taken his license away twice.

The first time was in 1997. According to California Medical Board records, Susser failed to identify some conventional cases of cancer. He failed to diagnose colon cancer in one patient, even though the patient had blood in her stool and complained of rectal bleeding.

For another patient, Susser prescribed natural vitamins in dangerous quantities, including "tannic acid, which is carcinogenic," and testosterone, which boosted blood pressure to unhealthy levels. According to California Medical Board records, Susser failed to see bowel cancer in that patient, too.

Susser's discipline culminated when he advised a patient who was jaundiced and experiencing severe abdominal pain to not go to the emergency room. Paramedics forced the patient to go to the ER, where she was diagnosed with severe liver and pancreas damage, due to the all-natural injections.

After two years of community service at 25 hours a week, Susser's California medical license was restored in 2000. His New York license is still surrendered.

In 2002, Susser secured a homeopathic license in Arizona. He's been practicing in Scottsdale ever since. In 2005, the California Medical Board again took away Susser's license (he's on probation again) for prescribing ketamine, an anesthetic and animal tranquilizer.

. . .

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008-04-10/news/arizona-s-homeopathic-board-is-the-second-chance-for-doctors-who-ve-lost-their-conventional-medical-licenses-in-other-states/4/
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

You are assuming that people who are skeptical about alternative medicine have never tried it. That's not necessarily true.

I have tried a few things but so far I will stick to science based medicine.

gap
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Sorry, but most providers don't have a reputation like this guy. A provider with this reputation, whether MD, DO, chiropractor, vet, holistic, nutritionist, or other provider, is the boundary where I decide not to treat with them.

I do check the providers I see and even those for my pets through the years, and I would not recommend this provider to anyone else. Anyone that referred this provider to me I would not consider a good person to get referrals from.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/02/2011]
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

You're no shy violet and should have reported providers that were problems to you. If you don't report providers at the time then you give them a free pass and it's too late to gripe about them now. You allowed them to get away with it. But that this particular holistic doctor had patients who complained and his license was taken away in two states is the way the system is supposed to work-- but the system only works if patients cooperate and open their mouths and promptly complain to the proper venues, the professional licensing boards.

And someone gossiping to you about what they believe another professional does, lacks proof of anything. You should have reported the gossiping person as they don't belong in a professional setting.

You mentioned your daughter and drugs. You state in many posts she was a addict, and a drug addict is defined as the use of a drug for a nontherapeutic effect. No one forces another person to become a drug addict or an alcoholic and too often it's an excuse to blame it on others. Your daughter did have a choice to partner with the doctor and decide to stop the path she saw she was heading down and discuss it with the doctor and request a different way to go. Sadly, it didn't go that way and I'm sorry for you and your daughter. More sad, is that you appear to blame her addiction on a doctor. I believe Al-Anon teaches that the blame belongs with the addict, to not take it on yourself and not to blame others for the addiction. I'm glad for her sobriety and wish her the best.