Dr Myhill UK, and supplements

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by davebhoy, Aug 21, 2005.

1. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

has anyone seen dr myhill here in the uk?

what does she recommend for daily supplements?

cheers
    dave
  2. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

uk girl is due back to the board from her appointment w/dr myhill,ask around for her.

all the best,smiffy
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

a specific set of supps for everyone, but has found some work better than others for many of her patients. She treats her patient not just the CFS Dx label. When patients can afford it she will order the necessary tests.

Her background is in nutritional medicine, allergies etc, but she keeps up to date with what others who treat these DDs are doing.

Her website is an excellent source of info.

love, Tansy

4. tansy

tansy New Member

you are looking for Ken Lassesen's site might be helpful too. He has put together a For What It's Worth (FWIW) protocol which seems to be helping many PWCs. Some of the FWIW recommendations have helped me a lot recently. Recuperat-ion electrolytes salts have made an unexpected difference too, decided if I could not alter the ion channelopathy any other way, I could at least try to rebalance it. Seems to have worked.

love, Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]
  5. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

thanks for your help on this, you're a brilliant source of material.

6. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

what are these recuperat-ion salts that you speak of?
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Dave

These are often referred to as the Blasi protocol. It was developed by Alfred Blasi in Spain who had FM and intially it was just PWFM who used them. Then PWME/CFS started to try Recuperat-ion and some, like myself, found they helped as well.

There is a major trial in progress using these salts for FM in Spain, when completed the results will be published. An increasing number of doctors have started to recommend them as well based on patient feedback.

They consist of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium salts which are diluted in water, they appear to be easily and quickly absorbed. It is thought the carefully balanced ratios is why they work.

The ideal dose is individual. I find one sachet is right for me, I don't take it all at once though, 1/2 sachet taken twice a day seems to suit me best.

love, Tansy

[This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]
  8. davebhoy

davebhoy New Member

how have you found they helped?

are they expensive?

cheers
    dave