Dr. Nancy Sawyer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UsedtobePerkyTina, Mar 25, 2008.

1. UsedtobePerkyTina

UsedtobePerkyTina New Member

Any news on anyone going to Dr. Nancy Sawyer in Birmingham?

Someone was going and then was going to report back.

2. mompain

mompain Guest

I saw Dr. Sawyer and she is FANTASTIC!! I have never felt more like someone cared so much about what was going on with my pain and that knew as much about it. She mentioned that she thinks that I may have Sjogren's Syndrome along with my Fibro, and is doing tests to see if I do. She is very knowledgeable about Dysautonomia, Mitral Valve, Fibro, CFS, and Sjogren's Syndrome. I would advise anyone that would like a caring, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor to make an appointment with this wonderful doctor.

Best wishes to all.
  3. UsedtobePerkyTina

Great, my sister and I have appointment in April. Mine is at 1 and hers is at 2.

So glad to hear it. I am so excited.

4. edcaver

edcaver New Member

I was seeing Dr. Sawyer for a number of years for MVPS/Dysautonomia. Unfortunately she retired in July of 2011. If you are looking for someone to treat MVPS/Dysautonomia, the MVP/Dysaytonomia Clinic in the same building she was in is good BUT they do not accept new patients over the age of 54. My cardiologist doesn't want to treat the MVP/Dysautonomia and since I am over age 54, I am now trying to find a doctor that believes in MVP/dysautonomia, understands it and treats it.<BR>

As for fibro, Dr. Sawyer treated me for that also. There was a doctor in the Rheumatologist office in the same building that specialized in fibro but when I called for an appointment she was no longer there. I did see Dr. Bell there for a while for the fibro and he did help it. Then Dr. Sawyer took over the treatment of the fibro as well.

<br><br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 06/08/2012</i>]
  5. UsedtobePerkyTina

Thanks for letting me know, edcaver. If you have ME/CFS, we have a Facebook group for those in AL with the disease where we share what resources we know about in the state. We are also going to be doing a distribution of the IACFS/ME primer to AL physicians after CFSAC Would love for you to join us.&lt;BR&gt;
    Look me up and send me a friend request.&lt;BR&gt;
    (full name removed by moderator)