Dr NE Florida

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by graceinflorida, Oct 24, 2007.

1. graceinflorida

graceinflorida New Member

Don't have much of pioneering spirit these days. Looking for MD that has experience w/ FM/CFS/ME- I was diagnosed in 2003 finally got an insurance program that I can use (HSA) and need to find physician - not too happy w/ the last one

Any suggestions other than opening the phone book would be greatly appreciated.

2. juls6

juls6 New Member

dr dantini has two offices and treats CFS/FM. his specialty for ins purposes is ear/nose/throat, but he treats us with antivirals (famvir) and food allergy testing.
    I started with him and then changed my primary to one on the good doc list - he is in winter park which is central FL, but he seems to be on top of all the protocols and put me on valcyte instead so I don't see dantini anymore - but others here have had some success with him too.
  3. graceinflorida

Sounds much better than Atlanta Georgia!!!!!! It's a start my "MOM" (no blood relation) in Tampa area uses Pressure Point Chiro - it works for her - I'm looking for more comprehensive approach

Thank You will definitely look into it

Have you made diet adustments due to results?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/24/2007]
  4. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Hi, I also used Dr Dantini in Ormond Beach, FL. I live in PA, but he does phone consults too.

He has an office website....if you Google Dr Daniel Dantini, it should come up. You can read lots of info on his site.

He also has a website for the delayed food allergy testing lab...Sage Med Lab...you can Google that too.

I have FM. I took Famvir for 6 months and had the delayed food allergy testing and did an elimination diet. It was very helpful. I feel about 50% better.

Now I know for sure to avoid sugar and high fructose corn syrup which were greatly contributing to my pain, soreness, stiffness, and brain fog. I take digestive enzymes with my other 20 sensitive foods.
  5. graceinflorida

Will do!!! What beautiful babies. I have not had allergy tests done in 30 yrs - so probably would be a good idea- what an under statement.

It is just so hard to know where to start when so many things are off.

This makes sense to me thank you for the beacon through the fog.
  6. jmq

jmq New Member

I have a friend with FM that is driving all the way from South Florida to this dr. at Shands Medical Hospital in Gainesville. He does research on FM and I think CFS. He will also take some new patients if your doctor refers you. His name escapes me right now...but he wrote Fibromyalgia for Dummies so you can look up that book and learn more about him.

Good Luck,
  7. graceinflorida

Sent an e-mail to Dr. Dantini w/ generalized info
  8. graceinflorida

What a pretty puppy? We have a (an) husky just like our 3rd child

Yes gainesville almost my back door - w/i an hours drive which is do-able with planning - will definitely google this

I tried for three days searching the net- ultimately I'm so glad I found this website. Great wealth of info.

I was just reading about your SSI - hope you see this
    I will be watching reading and learning with you.

When I was first diagnosed in 2003 I went to see a lawyer who specialized in FM/CFS as well as financial stuff- anyway he told me he couldn't help until I was bedridden and in a wheelchair. Anyway spilt milk- water under the bridge-

There are a lot of pioneers out there who have paved the road with a lot of heart ache and tears my step-mom being one of them-- Thank you all for your courage and perseverance
  9. jmq

jmq New Member

Glad to hear from you here and the other post. I do not know what I would do without all the valuable info we get to share here.

Can not believe what that lawyer said to you! Ignorance. Let me know what dr you end up with and what treatment you get.

10. graceinflorida

Well finally got the first appt scheduled w/ Dr Dantini in December--- yeah I could have got in next week but have a lot going on w/ my daughter's cheerleading squad anyway I'll keep you posted
  11. jmq

jmq New Member

Glad you got the appt. Please let me know what he does and says...

Good to hear about your daughter too. It must be hard to keep up with all of that!

12. graceinflorida

Well we grin and bear it !!! Fortunately practice was called early-- this "cold snap" has been reeking havoc with me-- Since I no longer work we are limited to what we can provide my daughter- this is her passion so I do my best to support her w/ time spent together and encouragement -- she is an "old soul" in a little girls body. She is very understanding and my husband is supportive as well which are my cornerstones. I am so thankful for them both.

It has been so wonderful to finally be able to converse with people that get it!!!!
  13. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Can anyone give me an update about Dr. Dantini. I am currently going to Dr. Hudson in Winter Park Florida and am supposed to take Valcyte for HHV6. I just heard about Dr. Dantini now and am interested that he doesnt use, or feel the need to use Valcyte. The lady from his office said he doesnt use any anti virals that need constant blood monitoring and has never had anyone get really sick before feeling better. (Like Valcyte)

Now I am confused. If I can do other anti virals and not have to go through the Valcyte hell, that would be great!!

Can some one tell me if they have been to, and had any results with Dr. Dantini? Ive seen a few but most mention they are going to see him but not the outcome.

Thank you!
  14. kd25

kd25 New Member

I tried both Famvir, then Valtrex for many months, but did not improve. I had a lot of trouble with his billing office and insurance. It took nearly 2 years to get it resolved.
  15. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Thank you for the reply. Would you mind telling me what virus' he treated you for. Did you ever try the stronger anti virals? (I see Dantini doesnt use Valacyte) Also, did you work on the food allergies?

My insurance wont cover him, just the tests. He is very reasonable though.

Thank you!
  16. kd25

kd25 New Member

I only tried famvir and valtrex. I did get the food allergy testing and am working on it. I am allergic to so many things it is very hard to avoid them all.