Dr. office pushes people to nurse's assistant

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jess, Jan 9, 2007.

1. jess

jess New Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. My Dr. of over 15 years hired a nurse practitioner.(spelling?) Now it is difficult getting to see the Dr. I don't mind seeing her for some things but I have been sick with some new symptoms and really want to see my Dr.
    I asked to see him instead and they were kind of nasty and insisted I see the nurse prac. They said she can do everything he can. I told them that may be true but she is not a medical Dr. ANyhow, any ideas what I can say so that I can see my Dr. Maybe it's time for a Dr. change. Thanks, Jess
  2. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi jess - I think it is your right to request to see your doctor and if you have built a patient/doctor relationship with him then I wouldn't trade it. Tell them thanks but no thanks.

Prior to my current doctor who is a D.O. (Doctor of Ostheopathy) I was seeing a Nurse Practitioner and I really liked her because she took the time to listen. I ended up moving and lost her but she was really compassionate towards my illness. I really prefer to see a Nurse Practitioner or Pysicians Assistant because doctors are so rushed. Just my preference though.

Good Luck
  3. blizotte

blizotte New Member

I am sorry you have had such a hard time but YOU are in charge of your medical care and it is up to you to do something about it. If this person is doing such a bad job in the IV room, then she should be reported to whoever is responsible for her actions. You should not have to "put up with" such treatment. No one should. It doesn't matter why you are there or what disease you have, you should be treated with the respect due to you as a patient. Anyone not giving you that respect should not be in the medical field. I would advise you to start complaining right now, both verbally and in writing (the pen is mightier...) Good Luck

blizotte