DR or PA.Does it matter to SSD.I see both but PA more.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Aug 27, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I'm curious about this. The dr was the one who dx the fm but the pa is in her office now so I see her unless she's out then I'll see the dr. But I was seeing the pa for several yrs. before this dr came to town. The pa has been practicing for probably 15yrs. So is it gonna matter when it comes to SSD if the pa is treating me more than the dr? Does that make since. I told you I worry about every little thing.LOL.. It shouldn't matter since the pa works under the dr's license,should it?

Thanks again,Keke
  2. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I like my PA much better than the doctor but I have no idea how it would affect SSD. I wouldn't think it would matter but maybe someone else will know more.

Marta
  3. mykas_mommy

mykas_mommy New Member

They are an assistant and most insurance companies require their services to be billed under the Dr's medical number. Although some PA's have their own. It is not going to matter if you saw an MD, DO, Chiropractor, or a PA or even a nurse practioner. You will be ok. But if you still are not sure call social security or go to the local office and ask.