Dr Oz - Feb 17/10

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TigerLilea, Feb 13, 2010.

1. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Next Wednesday's Dr Oz show (Feb 17/10) should be interesting. They are doing a segment about exhaustion and an incurable virus that is contagious and could lead to cancer. I wonder if it is XMRV they are discussing?
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

to watch. I'll set my recorder, thanks for posting.
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I'm about half asleep now, but I just want to clarify what Feb 17/10 means!!!

Does that mean that Dr. Oz comes on on Feb 17 at 10:00???

I know his show comes on at 2:00 PM where I live.

I've heard him talk about exhaustion, etc. before and all the answer ends up being is that we need to exercise more and eat more fruits and vegetables, etc, I think he's turning into a diet doctor!!! LOL

4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

February 17, 2010. Everyone will have to check their local listings as time will vary depending on where you live.

Dr Oz is a cardiac surgeon whose patients usually end up on his surgical table as a result of living a poor lifestyle. His mission is to get Americans, and, for that matter, anyone else listening, to take better care of their bodies. So yes, diet is definitely something he is very passionate about.
  5. Synapse

Synapse New Member

Dear TigerLilea

From looking at the Dr Oz preview view clip on wednesday entitled 'Wednesday on Dr. Oz
    Dr. Oz reveals the contagious virus that could be the reason you're exhausted', if one is very quick to press 'pause' on the internet video player at 0.12 elapsed one can see a group of individuals waiting to get their test results.

They are holding little signs behind their backs (waiting to show the audience), and they read EBV.

So no XMRV on this show it appears.
  6. LindaJones

LindaJones New Member

I saw the Dr. Oz show episode on epstein-barr virus
    I think he did a good job
    [This Message was Edited on 02/17/2010]
  7. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

and all I get are the Winter Olympics at 2p.m CST...

Does anyone know if some cities are showing one thing, and
    others something else?

May be a city-specific choice.

EBV has been known to cause, especially, nasal and pharangeal
    cancers, and I just read on PubMed where lymphoma treatment
    is stymied because of EBV presence.

8. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I noticed that here in Vcr, BC the Dr Oz show is being shown at the same time but on a different Vcr channel while the Olympics are on.