Dr. Oz - fibromyalgia segment today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Mar 14, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I know he often doesn't do a very good job of covering things, but for what it's worth he's having a segment about fibromyalgia today.

2. georgi

georgi New Member

Which was serendipitous cos I didn't know it was going to be on and I turned on tv and poof! There he was talking about fibro! My husband was there and I'm very glad. Every little bit helps as far as that goes you know!

For the most part I like dr oz, tho I realize he doesn't spend much time on any one subject. That can be a problem at times, but the way I look at it is this: If people are watching a well renowned dr on tv and hearing him say "this is a REAL illness," then that is a real blessing! And "validate" us he did, to his credit. I am thankful to him for that. Also, he always says if anyone wants more info to check his website, so for the little he can cram into one hour program there's more to look into. I haven't checked into his fibro info, but again, I think every little bit helps.

Ps he also had an extremely fascinating bit on transcranial magnetic stimulation to cure depression. Yes, cure! Non invasive, drug free, and, of course, poo pood by insurance companies. Grrr!
  3. Jittle

Jittle Member

My mother in law called me to tell me it was on. I was not home and the answering machine picked up. She leaves me this long winded message about it, and tells me it "really is a REAL DISEASE".

I told my husband when he came home, and it gave us both a laugh: I guess she thought I choose to live this way for years and enjoyed the pain, and then made up a name to call it.
  4. corneliabeth

corneliabeth New Member

Oh Fibromyalgia, isn't that the "made-up illness"?