Dr. Phil and Oprah

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by UnicornK, Apr 28, 2006.

1. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I sent email to both shows asking them to do a show on CFS/FM. I told them that I had both diseases and was disabled as a result. I'm hoping to get some kind of a response...and not a form letter/email. I'll keep you posted!

This is what I sent:

"May 12 is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. I suffer from both these diseases, and a host of others related to them. I implore you to reach out to people, both with and without these diseases, and educate them about their disabling effects.

I am disabled, with handicapped tags on my car, and I am only 46 years old. My husband helps me around the house because I am unable to do it all. I am not lazy, as some people would have you believe. It is not psychological, although there are psychological aspects. I am bi-polar and have PTSD. I believe that I am ill because of this, not the other way around. My doctors agree with me.

Please do something to help us. We need to get the word out that these diseases are REAL, and there are treatments for them.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

God Bless."

Hopefully this will get through to them.

God Bless.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

What a great idea!! i've thought of doing this same thing!
    thankyou for being the brave one to do it!!!.........................god bless you sydney
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

What a super idea----how can we help------join in on the quest to talk to these two??????--------if we could all sign one letter----AND ASK THEM TO CHECK THIS SITE OUT???????WE NEED RECONIGTION!!!!!!!!!!LOVE TO ALL-----------LAURA
  4. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Maybe if we all email them, and get our family and friends to do so also, we can get their attention. If they realize that it is something that people want to see, they consider it seriously.

But I recommend that you not copy and paste my letter. They need to hear your own stories, not a repeat of mine.

Thanks for everything!

God Bless.
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Right now! Thanks for the idea!