dr phil

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by toniad, Oct 9, 2002.

1. toniad

toniad New Member

I didn't see where he was downing us? I read the posts, (his site is like a maze! can't figure out what is where!) and so far, i didn't see where he categorized us as hypochondriacs. i could be missing something though.
    did you see how many people responded out of anger? and they are right, tell me WHO exactly do we fake sick to get attention from? nobody I know comes over and watches me lay in pain or cry and scream. i take care of myself MYSELF! i rarely get help. i also take care of a 6 year old! i can't even fathom why someone would get this argument started. obviously, who ever wrote that, doesn't suffer from FMS or chronic (undetected) pain.
    tonia d.
  2. toniad

toniad New Member

I didn't see where he was downing us? I read the posts, (his site is like a maze! can't figure out what is where!) and so far, i didn't see where he categorized us as hypochondriacs. i could be missing something though.
    did you see how many people responded out of anger? and they are right, tell me WHO exactly do we fake sick to get attention from? nobody I know comes over and watches me lay in pain or cry and scream. i take care of myself MYSELF! i rarely get help. i also take care of a 6 year old! i can't even fathom why someone would get this argument started. obviously, who ever wrote that, doesn't suffer from FMS or chronic (undetected) pain.
    tonia d.
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

i totally agree with you when people are around i fake being well,noone who has suffered even short term pain could have been so stupid i realy wish they enlighten people insted of aggervate them
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

so I guess I missed part of this, can someone tell me where on his sight they blast us, I will tell him a thing or two.

a-HOLE !

Makes me furious.

Jaci
  5. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Cool yer jets! He doesn't blast anyone...period. What happened is that there are message boards there and one of them is that subject about playing on illness to get attention. Nothing is said in the heading about any certain illness..nothing is named that I see. It's the PEOPLE ON the message board that have gotten in an uproar over a post that has since been deleted. This has NOTHING to do with Dr.Phil. It's the general public going in circles and at their own throats. What a circus!! Then someone continues on with the false statements here and now so many are upset and it's over absolutely nothing. Again, Dr. Phil said NOTHING about FM...I don't think he ever has. We should be more careful before we take a statement and run with it. It helps to check the source before believing it, and then still have some doubt and check some more.

Marilyn :)
  6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Oprah person. He was on and he and she said FMS is not real! Well, That was all I needed to hear. So, that is what I heard with my own two ears. I haven't gone to check out his site but, as I wrote on the other link. I will keep sending info. on FMS and CFS to all I can. To bring the ingnorant undereducated nay sayers into the light. It was after that show of Oprah's that I stopped watching her and won't give him the time of day.

Take care, Kim