Dr Phil's religious dilemma--Wednesday

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by TwoCatDoctors, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Dr. Phils' Wednesday show is entitled "Honeymoon Hangover"

Part of the show involves: "Mandy says her husband of three years made a 180-degree turn after they got married and changed his mind about an important value they shared: faith in God. Now, Nic says he's an atheist, and Mandy is worried about what this means for their marriage and their family."

Wednesday's show might be of interest to some who may be experiencing something similar and there will undoubtedly be some suggestions to assist both parties in the faith of each.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thanks. I do not usually watch Dr. Phil but will watch this episode. I just need to find when his program is on where I live.

gap
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

It comes on around 7:00 PM in Arizona--does that help???
  4. springwater

springwater Active Member

TwoCat - the title of post made me think ...Dr Phil was in a religious dilemma...hahaha.

His show doesnt come here but i used to watch him when he came on Oprahs years back. I found his style very abrasive and not quite suited to some people with fragile personalities. But he must be hugely popular to have his own successfully running show.

God Bless
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

TwoCat - the title of post made me think ...Dr Phil was in a religious dilemma...hahaha.

His show doesnt come here but i used to watch him when he came on Oprahs years back. I found his style very abrasive and not quite suited to some people with fragile personalities. But he must be hugely popular to have his own successfully running show.

God Bless
  6. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Springwater, yes, the title of the post does sound funny now that we all know. I was trying to get all the title in and it wouldn't fit, so I put a few words hoping it would convey enough and then the post would explain it all.

I never saw Dr. Phil when he was on Oprah so I never saw his style then and I think he has had his own show now for 7 or 8 years. Sometimes now I see him get abrasive and I don't like it and I felt it was for ratings. Then I see times when I believe he should be more serious and tough and he is not.

I saw the TV advertising for Wednesday's show last night and they didn't mention this religious situation--but it was mentioned in the e-mail newsletter that I get.

[This Message was Edited on 01/27/2009]