Dr. R. H. Murphree New book seen it yet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, Jul 15, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    Has anyone ordered this book? Heard about this doctor?

"Treating and Beating Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, by Dr. R.H. Murphree, has just been pre-released. It will not be distributed to national bookstores (including Barnes and Noble and Books-A-Million stores) until March of 2004. However, you can order directly from the publisher"

I recieved this "Ad". The book sounds good. It covers well, just about everything from shot adrenals, thyroid, digestive, immune systems, supplements, a type of massage called MFR, imino acids (Klutzo!), how to test for these systems etc.
    It also includes a chapter that explaines FMS and Cfids and how to explain it to your family.
    I don't know if I'm allowed to post the entire e-mail but a search for Fibro Hugs will lead you to it.
    I'd like to get it!
    Ziggy
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Thanks for the news about the book. I am about to order a few books from B&N tomorrow. I will have them send me a copy when it comes out.

No, you cannot put ANY URL's up on this board, these rules are being strictly inforced, so don't go there hon.

Do not even do the dot-com thing either.

Remember, Mikie and I do not make these rules, but we do have to inforce them.

Thanks again...................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. lailal

lailal New Member

Hi to all,
    Just wanted to pass on that I received two great books from Amazon....From Fatigued To Fantastic by Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D. and Adrenal Fatigue by James L. Wilson. I'm sure From Fatigued To Fantastic has been discussed here...sorry, as a newbie here I am probably way behind. I only get a short time here to catch up on the latest. I have learned so much from all of you in a short time. Just wish I had more time to read what EVERYONE has posted. It is wonderful reading posts that we can soooo well relate to....although I hate to imagine others going thru the miseries of this dreadful disease, it is wonderful to know that I'm not a lone with so many symptoms, medication side affects, etc. etc.
    Thanks and hugs to all!
    Leila
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I do have From Fatigue to Fantastic, its a terrific book on FM/CFS. Thats where I learned that we have a magnesium deficiency. It has been a great help to me. I do not have the other, and as I stated above will be ordering books tomorrow and will add Adrenal Fatigue to the already growing list I have here now!

I would like to recommend a book for you that I am reading now its; The Miracle of Magnesium' by Carolyn Dean M.D., N.D.

This one is fabulous. A must have for anyone with FM/CFS.

Glad to see you had a little time to post tonight, hope you get back to us often.............

Shalom, Shirl
  5. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    You mentioned a book in another post the feeling guilty thread -saying you read it at breakfast and made your husband listen-something like that. But you said it was a must read. I think the author was Devin Starlanyl? It was the one that recommended xanax and tylanol. Is that her? Could you tell me the name of the book?
    Thanks!
    Ziggy
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The book is; The Fibromyalgia Advocate by Devin Starlanyl, MD.

She recommended low dose Xanax (0.25 milligrams) with an OTC Advil Gel Capsule.

I take them about a half hour apart for spasms.

I tried to find the page for you, but this brain is not being helpful tonight. I thought I had marked it, but I can't seem to find my note in the margin of the book. But it is in there.

What she said was that the Xanax enhances the pain killing effects of the Advil Gel capsules.

Hope this helps.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, she does have a revised version of this book, its called; Fibromyalgia & Chronic Myofascial Pain (A survival Manual)' second edition.

[This Message was Edited on 07/15/2003]
  7. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi Shirl, thanks for the name of the book by Devon. Shoot I didn't mean for you to look for that info about xanax. I just thought the book sounded very good! Sorry you went through all that trouble!

Dogdazed, Cool about ordering the book. I really would like to get it, but money is very tight this month.
    Do you think you could post what you think of it at some point? I would love to hear about it. Since it's not in the book stores (until next year) I can't check it out
    :-(
    Thanks!
    Ziggy