Dr. referrals -PHX, AZ- stress, nerves, anxiety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gabr4995, Aug 2, 2003.

1. gabr4995

gabr4995 New Member

Doctor referrals -diagnosis &stress, nerves, anxiety! 08/02/03 09:19 AM

This site is so educational. I've been reading the symptoms of FM and they describe mine to a T. I need a diagnosis, because thus far I've only had work-related stress/anxiety symptoms documented. (I am also in need of new doctor for disability claim). I live in the Phoenix area and have not had good results locating a new doctor. Help!
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, welcome to the board. We do have a 'Doctor Referral' link at the top of this page, doctors are listed by states, or you can call; FM Network at; 1-00-853-2929 for a doctor also.

We have many members from your state on the board, so hopefully one of them will read your post and share their doctor with you.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. monicacat

monicacat Member

These doctors are on this board's doctor referral list and also on the Fibromyalgia Network list.

Gary Silverman D.O.
    Rheumatology
    Scottsdale

Scott Rigden M.D.
    Family Practice
    Tempe

Friends have told me that they are patients of Dr. Rigden's and they like him.

Hope this helps.

Monicacat
  4. azcactuslil

azcactuslil New Member

Hi Neighbor,
    I live in the Phoenix Metro area and maybe able to help you. There is a Dr. Silverman in the good doc referrals and I do hear wonderful things about him. The only problem is that he has a waiting list months long. I just couldn't wait for his schedule to open up. I have found a good doc in the West valley named Dr. Ravi Bhalla, Arizona Rhuematoloy clinic. He has done for me than anyone else that I have gone to yet.

I live on the west side so my referrals will be on that side of the valley. For anxiety issues, I used a counsled named Tiela Kitely and a phsycitrist named Dr. James Hicks. Both of them are very good. Tiela is great for talk therapy and Dr. Hicks is well respected for monitoring the inter reactions of medications and getting the most bang for your buck. My insurance wouldn't pay for Dr. Hicks as a therapist but I wouldn't hesitate to use him. He is a very good man who tells things like he sees them.

Good luck in your search. If I can be of any other help, please let me know. You are more that welcome to email me direct at cactuslil46@aol.com