Dr. Resseger and EBV

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by travelchick, Sep 23, 2002.

1. travelchick

travelchick New Member

Hello out there,
    I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of, and more specifically gone through treatment with, Dr. Resseger in Ohio? I've heard of people who had good results with treatment there, but have some reservations about it all. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through the Epstein Barr treatment he does. Any help would be appreciated as I look into this treatment which sounds rather experimental and invasive (daily injections).

Thanks!
  2. travelchick

travelchick New Member

Hello out there,
    I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of, and more specifically gone through treatment with, Dr. Resseger in Ohio? I've heard of people who had good results with treatment there, but have some reservations about it all. I'm wondering if anyone has gone through the Epstein Barr treatment he does. Any help would be appreciated as I look into this treatment which sounds rather experimental and invasive (daily injections).

Thanks!
  3. mlw

mlw New Member

Travelchick:

I am curious as to what treatment this doctor is trying. Can you provide details? I has dx with EV in 2002 and the doctor that I seeing back then didn't give me anything.

MLW
  4. travelchick

travelchick New Member

I had a bit of a hard time understanding the treatment fully because the Dr. was a bit gruff when I was asking questions trying to get info.(which led to some of the reservations I have about the whole thing) but basically it is a series of injections with the EBV sort of like allergy shots. Apparently to start with you do three injections a day! Then it tapers down gradually over the course of about a year to eventually about a per week. He is the only one who does this treatment except one old doctor in New Zealand, so I really had questions about it all.
    Hope this info helps you, or gives you an idea of what it is about.