dr said sore throat was.nt a sign of fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jacky, Dec 16, 2002.

1. jacky

jacky New Member

boy sometimes you don,t know what to believe for all those who read my post about sore throat and voice getting hoarse dr said to me has nothing at all to do with the fibro had upper viral infection she said throat dont get affected from fibro if anyones dr said else wise please let me know thanx
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Are classic signs of both FMS and CFS. There are a lot of symptoms which are common amongst us which doctors are completely ignorant of. You may well have CFS as well as FMS; a high percent of us do whether diagnosed or not. Many docs feel they are one and the same illness just manifested differently in different people.

The best thing we can do is to become educated regarding our illnesses. This is a huge help in evaluating the docs who BTW work for us.

Love, Mikie
  3. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I've seen sore throat as a symptom of FM on many, many websites, plus I have a sore throat more on and than off.

Marilyn :)
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

But I have to disagree with your Doc! I get sore throat, and on occasion swollen lymph nodes too. NOt as often as someone with CFS, but I do get this! I have Fibro only.

I believe it is mentioned in Devin Starlanyl's books too.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 12/16/2002]
  5. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I've seen material on fibromyalgia that indicates that sore throat *is* associated with FMS, but even if it's not directly related, it seems to me there could be an indirect relationship. Like many others on this board, I have acid reflux. That does more than just cause the discomfort of heartburn. It can eat away at your esophagus and, I would think, could cause sore throat and hoarseness. So if there is a link between acid reflux and FMS, there also is a link to sore throat. Also, I recently asked my doctor about taking buffered aspirin for pain, since I have been limiting acetominophen (Tylenol) for a while since I had an elevated liver count a while ago. He said that even though the buffering may prevent me from feeling the heartburn, it doesn't mean that the acidic properties of the aspirin aren't causing damage.

--Laura R.M.