Dr. Scholls Foot Machine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Has anyone used the "machine" at stores to get "custom" foot inserts?

Any comments appreciated.
  2. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

Yes, I decided to try it about 3 months ago. I just don't have the money for a podiatrist and what they charge for orthotics. I did purchase the insoles recommended by the computer, they were $50 and well worth the price. My feet hurt a lot and the support from these has really helped.

I've had orthotics from docs before and they were 3 or 400$$$. I like the Dr. Scholls better, they're rubbery w firmer areas built up where you need the extra support. I switch them around to whatever shoes I wear, they fit all shoes...except sandals of course.

I'd definitely give it a try before spending hundreds of dollars at a doctor, unless your feet are really messed up! Good luck.
  3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Thanks for the replies. Very much appreciated.
  4. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

and believe it or not, was able to put the inserts into my mukluks this winter! I absolutely adore my mukluks for warmth and beauty, but the native Alaskans didn't make them because of foot problems. They made them to withstand sub zero temperatures! But now I can walk along the trails a lot easier and for a lot longer!

Soft hugs,
  5. Jittle

Jittle Member

I tired it, and it did not work. It said I had too much heel pressure. When I went to the doctor a month later, because the pain was so bad I could not walk anymore, I found the real cause and it was NOT too much heel pressure. Thank god insurance covered it, and a year or so later I can walk again with only a little flare up now and again.