Dr. St. Amand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Savannah_Rose, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Savannah_Rose

Savannah_Rose New Member

I live in California. I have had FMS, CFS and myofacial pain syndrome for 3 years. I just recently heard of a Dr. in Marina Del Rey, California who treats FMS. I know of someone who went to him and is completely symptom free. Have any of you heard of him? Thanks.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi, are you asking about Dr. R. Paul St. Amand? If so he is quite popular around here.

He has a book out called; 'What Your Doctor may NOT tell you about Fibromyalgia'.

He is especially popular for the Guaifenesin protocol. If you type his name or Guai in the 'search messages' link at the top of this page , there are numerous threads that will come up concerning his treatment.

Hope this helps.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Has FMS, is older, and I'm not sure whether he still sees patients. He no doubt has docs who do follow his protocol and take new patients.

He is the father of the Guai treatment which has been very helpful to some of us, including me. The Guai treatment is a long-term treatment and is a bit involved, but it is the only treatment which offers the possibility of reversing the symptoms of FMS.

As Shirl mentioned, you can read about it from his book and doing a search here to read our posts on the Guai treatment.

Love, Mikie