Dr. Susan Lark cure for FMS/CFIDS anyone ever heard of her

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I don't know how but I've gotten on an email list from Dr. Susan Lark. The email alludes to many health hints that she will reveal if your purchase a 2-year Trial Offer for $79.90 of the Lark Letter for Women. Now she will include free with this offer various free reports, etc. which deal with women's health. One of the reports will reveal the answer to the following statement:

"Women are up to 50 times more likely to suffer immune disorders such as asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. Most doctors recognize the symptoms, but does yours know the frequent cause? It’s a simple food sensitivity, easy to treat—and when you do, your “incurable” symptoms could melt away like snow in the spring. I’ll show you how in your FREE report."

Has anyone else received this email. Can you imagine "a simple food sensitivity" will eliminate all these disorders. I wish it was that easy!!!

I AM NOT SELLING OR PROMOTING ANYTHING. I am sharing information to see if anyone know anything about the validity of these claims.

Lolalee
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Susan Lark has written a book on CFS. I read it quite a while ago and don't recall that it was that helpful. I have not received this e-mail but it sounds like someone out for a quick buck. We know better than to fall for this!!

Kathy
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I don't know her but it sounds real familiar with some of the mail I've been getting claiming the same thing. Usely they will tell you enough information to get you interested and then try to sell you a book or a membership in order for you to get all these answers and secrets that only they supposely know.

Some material sounds so good, and when your hurting or feeling like we do, it's hard sometimes not to fall for it. I guess we just want it to be true so bad because we don't ever want to give up hope. I have to admit, I've fallen for a few of them and claim each time that I'll never do it again..

But since I don't know her, I can't say for sure what her real motive is... Be careful, but maybe there's something to what she's saying. That's why I went to an allergist to check on food allergies.....but he said I had none..
  4. mrpain

mrpain New Member

We do know food that contains MSG & Aspertame could be a cause of some of our symptoms...
  5. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

She's a respected doctor in the field of women's health, but I don't know if I would pay that much for her newsletter.

And also, notice that she said "chronic fatigue", not CFS. She's just offering a cure for the symptom of chronic fatigue. And as we know, a million things can cause that symptom.

And, she said a "frequent" cause. So that doesn't mean she knows the answer for everyone.

Really, if there were a miracle cure for fibro, I think it wouldn't be a secret.

Love,
    Forebearance
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I used to get her newsletters (free) in my email but I decided to stop as all they were about was selling. There was really not any info at all, just promises of more info if you got her books and paid newsletters.

I got enough of that from a popular magazine that sells books and sends a lot of info about health related matters.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

A big thank you to everyone for responding to this post. It sounded too good to be true. I wish they'd stop doing that..."they" being, in this case Dr. Lark, Distributors of supplements, testimonies, etc. And "that" being making it seem like all we have to do is take their particular magic cure and all will be well in FMS and CFIDS-land. I have a friend who is a sweetheart and wants me to get well so badly. She keeps trying to convince me to take a product that has given her more energy because there is one testimony on the brochure from someone who has FMS saying it cured them. AAGGGGHHH!!!

Lolalee