Dr. Teitelbaum on XMRV, PsychologyToday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karynwolfe, Nov 8, 2009.

1. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

Like usual, no idea if anyone has posted this before, but I didn't see it, so here it is:

---> "I look forward to seeing if antivirals active against XMRV offer additional clinical improvement in CFS. But we choose to not be distracted to reduce our focus to only a single infection type, when there are so many that we can effectively treat to help you get well now."

I understand what he meant there. But that wasn't quite all the reaction I was hoping for... This isn't EBV, this is a retrovirus. I was hoping for, "This could explain why some people I treat do not get better." I knows it's crazy to expect acknowledgment from someone who claims a 91% success rate, when at the very least 25% of the people with my illness are bedbound (oh yes, much success there!) but still... *sigh*

---> "The XMRV research also offers other benefits, such as attracting media attention, and helps make it even clearer how real and devastating CFS is. This may offer a bit more to silence the nitwits who like to claim CFS is all in your mind (though I would not count on it, as they have ignored reams of earlier research showing CFS/FMS to be very real illnesses)."

Amen to that, pretty sure he's right.

Take what you want from it, just sharing the article.

~ karyn