Dr. Teitelbaum

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

For those of you who were discussing over the past couple of days whether Dr. Teitelbaum's protocol works...I think that it does, to some extent. I typed up this afternoon a long post detailing my own experiences on every single thing he recommends (except for the pain stuff), but now it's gone. I don't know why. Maybe it will reappear. That would be nice, since I'd actually like to read it over again myself.

I'm not going to go through the whole book again, but if you want to hear about my experiences with a specific treatment he suggests, let me know. I will check back after a while to see if my post is still here and if there are any responses.

Good luck!
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

3. yodasmom

yodasmom New Member

I heard Dr T speak and bought his book and his powders. I am doing it slowly along with my other vit, ets. Iwould be interested in your expereinces. I think I m asleeping a little better but have no more energy and fibro is worse in the last week. Discouraging
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Ask me about specific supplements and maybe I can give you thoughts. I typed my own reesponses to everything in that book into the system two days ago, but the post disappeared.
  5. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Bottem line, you have alot of experience w/ treatments of this DD.

Are you making headway? Is it worth it? On a scale, how much better off have you been?
  6. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I try to read the long posts, but they just loose me. This is why I posted my previous question.
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I think of Teitelbaum's book as a Textbook 101 on CFS. It basically is a summary of pretty much everything that the doctors who really treat this disease do. Most of it is based on anecdotal evidence. Not everything is for everyone, and probably some of the things mentioned are totally useless.

Basically everything that I'm doing is in the book. Maybe sometime I'll type in here a list.

If I weren't doing anything, I think I'd be at about 20%. As it is, I'm at about 60%, unless something specific happens to throw me off (like a yeast problem). I doubt I'm going to progress any further until I find some way (a lot more effective than olive leaf extract) to get the viruses under control. Still, yes, I do think it's helped.

Best, Lisa
  8. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I understand

Dan
  9. Daisys

Daisys Member

I got the book and didn't get a thing out of it, I was in such a fog. I didn't even catch the point about the hypothalamus being involved in the illness!

But little by little, I used the protocol and benefited. Then I found a doctor who used the protocol outlined in the book, and that's really made a big difference.
  10. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I just posted a new thread called "Dr. Teitelbaum Treatment Approach."

It describes all the health-related things that I am now doing, and discusses the Teitelbaum book a bit more.