Dr. Upped Morphine 5mg, didnt help at all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Oct 9, 2008.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

My Dr. called me and stated I could have morphineIR 20mg three times a day, I said well you ordered 20mg 3-4 times per day already.(Been on this dose for a year at least) What I was needing was to up the dose even more. The nurse said she had misunderstood my call yesterday.Gosh dont they even check the charts! They finally called back and upped it to 25 mg, three times daily. So thats even less per day than i have been taking!well Ive had two doses today, no relief.Feels like i'm not taking anything at all.I'm about to pull my hair out.Guess i'll get off here, all I feel like doing is griping tonight. Bless each of You
  2. PVLady

PVLady New Member

I have seen a excellent pain doctor for years I notice he never used just one pain med. Also with my mom who had back pain, he used several different pain meds in lower doses.

If your Morphine is not working you might consider asking for a different pain med for "breakthrough pain" Like maybe Lortab or Darvocette??? I really don't know but just something different.

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I'd call back and say, I was on 80mgs/day and now 75 mgs a day. I wasn't getting any relief before! Is there anything I can get for breakthrough pain before I can't move at all?????

I absolutely need both kinds of meds - the long acting and then the short. To me they work totally differently.
    You might approach it as - 'trying' something. Can we 'try' something for breakthrough pain?