Dr. Visit and Neurontin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bunnylover, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Well, I went for my Drs. visit and they said the MRI was positive for osteoarthritis in spine. Spine is narrowing and pressing on nerves. They are going to give me injections when they get me an appointment. I told him lotab was making me sick and vioxx was doing absolutely nil for the pain. He gave me phenargan for nausea and also gave me samples of neurontin and I'm on my 3rd day and believe it or not my pain has lessened. I can hardly believe it, I have been in terrible pain for 6 months and he hands me a sample which has helped after all this time. The only thing is I feel tired and just a little spaced but he said if it worked,these symptoms would ease. I have not taken pain pills and it feels so good not to be nauseous.I looked up neurontin in topics. There were pros and cons but I still don't know how it works for pain since it is a drug for seisures. Does anyone know this? How long can you take it. Thanks Terri
  2. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Well, I went for my Drs. visit and they said the MRI was positive for osteoarthritis in spine. Spine is narrowing and pressing on nerves. They are going to give me injections when they get me an appointment. I told him lotab was making me sick and vioxx was doing absolutely nil for the pain. He gave me phenargan for nausea and also gave me samples of neurontin and I'm on my 3rd day and believe it or not my pain has lessened. I can hardly believe it, I have been in terrible pain for 6 months and he hands me a sample which has helped after all this time. The only thing is I feel tired and just a little spaced but he said if it worked,these symptoms would ease. I have not taken pain pills and it feels so good not to be nauseous.I looked up neurontin in topics. There were pros and cons but I still don't know how it works for pain since it is a drug for seisures. Does anyone know this? How long can you take it. Thanks Terri
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I have been taking Neurontin for quite some time now, and it seems to be one of the most effective drugs I have had. My doctor has been researching FM, and explained to me that it is not fully understood exactly how the drug helps with the pain, only that in many people it does. That was good enough for me. I have gotten no negative side effects from it, but I started with a very low dose at bedtime and increased it gradually. I hope the spaciness goes away. It should.
    Kathryn