Dr Who-cares?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Copper2002, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I was just reading thru all the "dr phil" posts ---- SHEESH!!!! What a mess!. I really can't believe that folks get SOOOOOOOOO worked up about a TV personality! C'mon folks, WHAT WHAT WHAT does it have to do with REAL life?

It REALLY doesn't matter WHAT this phil guy believes or doesn't believe! He has NOTHING to do with establishing a Dx, controling the pharmaceutical market, whether the medical community believes in these dd's or not. He's a FRIGGIN TV ENTERTAINER!!!! et al!!!! no mas, nada, nothing to do with ANYTHING except TV ratings.

I know I'm going to PO alot of people here, and I'm sorry for that, but, this IS a place for speaking truths, yes?

People who allow themselves to live their lives according to the mandates of a TV show truly ARE in need of serious help (only MY opinion, not fact). Now, before all the rockets go off, notice that I said nothing about WATCHING TV personalities -- it IS a great joy to watch the beauty, knowledge, and hilarity TV can bring into our now sheltered lives. But, to believe-to-the-point-of-faith in a hollywood/burbank created persona is nothing short of foolish.

These people were CREATED for our entertainment, NOT as leaders of ANYTHING! Credentials don't matter, TV can offer up ANY title they wish to give a character, be it backed in truth or not. The fact that Oprah, and other such personalities have become icons to which so many flock is nothing short of amazing to me. These people aren't REAL! They are LITERALLY characters that have been created to foster someone's agenda.

I guess what REALLY amazes me is that people on this, or ANY, board would take these personalities so seriously that, in essence, one of us would turn against another of us in such a way as to make people want to leave the support offered here. That's just plain wrong to me!

I LOVE theatrics, drama, all the hoopla. I often consider joining theatrical groups (but haven't because of this dd), and, when obligations allow, am a TOTAL TV junkie! But, I rarely BELIEVE what I see and hear unless it is, specifically, an educational program (and even then I find I research more on those subjects of interest for verification). I'm not saying this for any reason other than to illustrate that I have nothing against the medium and enjoy it as much as any of you.

THIS is a place for healing! THIS is a place for support! TV pesonalities owe us NOTHING! Have we forgotten that for the MAJORITY of time our society (and yes, that includes the UK and most of Europe) has viewed theatrical people as the SCUM of society, NOT the heros. That WE, the people, have turned them into demi-gods is truly a sad testament of our generations'. That we would hurt another ill person with our words BECAUSE of this medium is nothing short of abominal!

Crafty, please stay. I truly believe there is room for ALL of us here!

gentle {{{{hugs}}}} to ALL,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances!!!!

2. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I was just reading thru all the "dr phil" posts ---- SHEESH!!!! What a mess!. I really can't believe that folks get SOOOOOOOOO worked up about a TV personality! C'mon folks, WHAT WHAT WHAT does it have to do with REAL life?

It REALLY doesn't matter WHAT this phil guy believes or doesn't believe! He has NOTHING to do with establishing a Dx, controling the pharmaceutical market, whether the medical community believes in these dd's or not. He's a FRIGGIN TV ENTERTAINER!!!! et al!!!! no mas, nada, nothing to do with ANYTHING except TV ratings.

I know I'm going to PO alot of people here, and I'm sorry for that, but, this IS a place for speaking truths, yes?

People who allow themselves to live their lives according to the mandates of a TV show truly ARE in need of serious help (only MY opinion, not fact). Now, before all the rockets go off, notice that I said nothing about WATCHING TV personalities -- it IS a great joy to watch the beauty, knowledge, and hilarity TV can bring into our now sheltered lives. But, to believe-to-the-point-of-faith in a hollywood/burbank created persona is nothing short of foolish.

These people were CREATED for our entertainment, NOT as leaders of ANYTHING! Credentials don't matter, TV can offer up ANY title they wish to give a character, be it backed in truth or not. The fact that Oprah, and other such personalities have become icons to which so many flock is nothing short of amazing to me. These people aren't REAL! They are LITERALLY characters that have been created to foster someone's agenda.

I guess what REALLY amazes me is that people on this, or ANY, board would take these personalities so seriously that, in essence, one of us would turn against another of us in such a way as to make people want to leave the support offered here. That's just plain wrong to me!

I LOVE theatrics, drama, all the hoopla. I often consider joining theatrical groups (but haven't because of this dd), and, when obligations allow, am a TOTAL TV junkie! But, I rarely BELIEVE what I see and hear unless it is, specifically, an educational program (and even then I find I research more on those subjects of interest for verification). I'm not saying this for any reason other than to illustrate that I have nothing against the medium and enjoy it as much as any of you.

THIS is a place for healing! THIS is a place for support! TV pesonalities owe us NOTHING! Have we forgotten that for the MAJORITY of time our society (and yes, that includes the UK and most of Europe) has viewed theatrical people as the SCUM of society, NOT the heros. That WE, the people, have turned them into demi-gods is truly a sad testament of our generations'. That we would hurt another ill person with our words BECAUSE of this medium is nothing short of abominal!

Crafty, please stay. I truly believe there is room for ALL of us here!

gentle {{{{hugs}}}} to ALL,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances!!!!

3. Fairyeyes

Fairyeyes New Member

Copper, you are right.

I think that a lot of us feel angry because of the fact that we are ill, and, no, we don't like it. But MISDIRECTED ANGER never gave anyone anything but heartaches and bellyaches.

I hope that everyone is doing okay today. Let's leave yesterday behind.

Just a suggestion. If you post a topic, and then don't like the responses you are getting, log-on, then delete your post. Why torture oneself reading stuff that infuriates?