Dreading my annual physical

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by octobermarriage, Aug 26, 2006.

1. octobermarriage

octobermarriage New Member

I will be meeting with my treating physician for my annual physical and a file folder of information and suggestions of ways that may be he can be more proactive in getting me some relief. Pain medications do not work for me since my body does not absorb them like most. Muscle relaxers may or may not work depending on the flare of the fibro at the time. Since March, when I underwent a complete hysterectomy, my fibromyalgia has been unrelentless.

I am wondering if anyone has any additional information on the auto-immune deficiency of CFS/Fibro patients. IS there any validity to the viral basis in theory and could I be treated with anti-viral medications. I am desperate to get relief since I am the mother of an 8, 7 and 2 year olds. They need their mother back in good health.

My physician is an outstanding AIDS research doctor and I am just grabbing at straws that may be he would know of some anti-viral med. that would help me.

I can say that suffering from the chronic headaches familiar to many fibro patients is something of the past with the treatment of Topomax.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated before 9/1/06.

Thanks.