dreads and Gua

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namutebi, Jun 15, 2006.

1. namutebi

namutebi New Member

I'm on the Gua therapy and carefullynot using salicylites in my products but am getting dreads. Does anyone have dreads and can give me tips on what hair products to use? I have no idea what to use and I need to change them but still have no sals in it. Can anyone help? Thanks ~ nam

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2006]
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

The online Guai Group has a long list of sal safe products & a message board for you to post questions like this. There is a link to it from Dr St Amand's Guaidoc website.

Alternatively, several companies sell sal free toiletries; Andrea Rose, Grace Fibrosmile etc. You can order direct from their websites, or go to the Marina del Ray pharmacy website - they stock a selection of different sal safe brands.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Lack sals. Real botanicals are expensive. If you take Dr. St. A's book with you and read the labels, you should be able to find sal-free products. If you do go to a sal-free website, you still have to read labels because manufacturers change their formulas frequently. House brands are infamous for this because they are produced for the stores by different manufacturers.

There is a group of us here who are on the Guai treatment at different stages. Several have just started. Look for our posts titled, "Guai Ladies." We would love to hear how you are getting along.

Love, Mikie
  4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Andrea Rose & Grace Fibrosmile products are guaranteed sal free; they are made especially for those of us on the Guaifenesin protocol.

The products from general manufacturers will need checking, even if they are on the Guai Group,list, because the ingredients could have been altered since the list was compiled.