Dream coming true:Getting a sewing room

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kellyann, Apr 20, 2007.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi all!
    I am so excited I just have to share my news! My husband bought one of those storage buildings that people sometimes use for offices. Well it is big, measures 12 feet by 24 feet. He bolted it onto the end of our doublewide home and put a door way through to it and we ar fixing it up for me a sewing room! He already put a brand new sliding glass door and neww windows in it. It is getting totally new insulation, ceiling tiles, oak flooring, rewired with tons of plugins for my machines, and I am wallpapering it in bright yellow wallpaper with flowers on it that I just adore! It is my dream sewing room, haha! I can hardly wait to get it all finished up and get my fabrics and sewing machines moved in and get to sewing! I am just so happy about it I had to share my good news! This is the best thing that has happened to me in ages! Can you tell I am excited?

Take Care and be well my dear friends!
    Kellyann
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I can tell you're excited and I don't blame you a bit.

Since we're moving this week, my sewing room has been boxed up, half in the new house, part of it still here and I can't wait to get it set back up again.

I really miss the calm it brings me to go into 'my' room and do what I love to so, sewing!!!

I too had it all set up in pretty colors, painted a soft butter color with curtains I made myself.

Now I have to start all over, but I can't wait either.

Congratulations on 'your'new room.

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. Toga

Toga Member

Isn't it wonderful. I sew when I'm up to it. I have a sewing/office room too.

And I recently got a new sewing machine. Its a Baby Lock and I love it.

Congratulations! Sounds like you've got yourself a great husband. Have fun.

Toga
  4. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I redid a bedroom into a craft room and it is the best thing I have done for myself. My husband helped when I asked him, but it was fun to try to do it myself. I hired someone to make a whole wall of shelves and cubies.

Maybe you can post a picture of your sewing?

I loved the happiness in your post.

Jana
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Thats so Great that you Have a new sewing room! you sound very Happy about that! And also i forgot to congratulate you on your new grandbaby!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,See sometimes good things happen to us!

When My youngest girl left for college i turned her room into a sewing/computer/guest room!,,,It works,,,i sew off and on,, the Machine i have is Mediocer ,, but works good for me!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs,,,,,,,,,S
  6. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Thanks for the replies!

Georia C: You spin your wool? That is cool, I am learning to do some weaving. I have a huge Navajo loom. I bought a ton of wool yarns. I may eventually buy a floor loom. I do like my navajo loom though.

I am an avid quilter! I love fabrics! I can't wait to get busy in my own sewing room WHOOPEE!!!!

Kellyann
  7. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Thanks for the replies!

Georia C: You spin your wool? That is cool, I am learning to do some weaving. I have a huge Navajo loom. I bought a ton of wool yarns. I may eventually buy a floor loom. I do like my navajo loom though.

I am an avid quilter! I love fabrics! I can't wait to get busy in my own sewing room WHOOPEE!!!!

Kellyann