dribose and fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by micheline, Apr 16, 2006.

1. micheline

micheline New Member

has anyone tried d-ribose? just read about a doctor who was able to resume her practice after taking 10 grams of this nutrient for a few weeks, it is expansive and I hate to spend more money on one person's say so , so thought I would put it by you and see if anyone has any info.much appreciated, Micheline
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

I've been using it for about a month and while I don't think it's responsible for my recovery it does give a an extra boost of energy. I only take 500mg a day, any more than that and I get too stimulated and jittery. I get it from Vitacost for $15 for 100grams...

good luck.
  3. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I was trying d-ribose, co-q-10, magnesium, vitamin C, and something else that I can't remember, and to be honest, I couldn't tell any difference... I also tried a few jugs of noni juice but that didn't help either...
  4. jess

jess New Member

I have been on d ribose for about 6 months. It has helped a great deal with my heart palpitations. Honestly, I haven't noticed any more energy though. It is very useful for diastolic dysfunction which I have. Jess
  5. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

and am also taking Selenium supp (very cheap). Combining the two is definately helping me with the energy problem. I take one scoop a day in the morning and then my selenium tablet about half an hour later.

I am from the UK and the D-ribose I get is £19.95 for 100 grams.

I take a magnesium supp (350) and garlic capsule (high strength) at night.

Hopefully I have found what works for me.

Sue