dRibose Need some advise

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foxglove9922, Dec 6, 2006.

1. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just got done reading the article on d-Ribose on the Home Page of this site and have some questions?

First of all, has anyone here had any luck with d-Ribose?

I'm a little confused on the dosing. The article said the participants took 5 grams 3 times a day by mouth. The product sold on this site is 750 mg. Does that mean I would be taking at least 25 pills of it per day?

With the powder form, I don't know where to begin? Do you think the powder is better than the pills?

Thanking in advance for any responses and best wishes to all.

Foxglove
  2. Catseye

Catseye Member

Ribose is made in the body, provided everything is working correctly but things are working correctly or we wouldn't be here! Have you read the article
    "Heart Disease Secondary to Mitochondrial Malfunction"? If you have experienced tightness in the chest area, it may interest you.

I've been taking ribose for about 1 month now along with the other mitochondria "fuels": CoQ10, acetyl l carnitine, nadh and magnesium. I take alot of other things but this mix is what the mitochondria use to make ATP, our cell energy; all our energy starts here. The results have been great, got me on my feet in 2 days after being bedridden almost the entire year.

The only problem is if you take over 10 grams, it can cause or aggravate hypoglycemia. This happened to me but it was also due to the glutamine I was taking in the mornings, about 5 grams to heal leaky gut.

I started with about 5 grams, 3 times a day of the ribose and when I got hypoglycemia in the middle of the night I cut it back to about 2-3 grams a day and still had really good results. Now that I've quit the glutamine, I'll probably up the ribose to between 5 and 10 grams a day, depending on how I'm feeling. You could start with a small dose of 2 or 3 grams per day and see if it helps. I felt better the same day but I was taking the other stuff with it. Like so many things I've tried, alone they don't do much, maybe, but when you mix them with the right things, you really benefit.

good luck!

karen

make sure you take it on an empty stomach and don't take it with any protein or it will bind to it (or something like that, damn brain fog)[This Message was Edited on 12/06/2006]
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I started out with 2.5grams a day. Any more and I would get a headache.

After about 1 month I increased to 5 grams a day ( powdered) I noticed a difference in overall skin tenderness and increased pain.

I would start w/powdered version, and see how you feel on 5 grams. If no headache or stomach problems ( I put mine in water, had w/meal)then increase and see how you feel.

Overall I think it is good a good supplement. Not only improved thing's we can "feel", like energy, etc.

It is great for heart health.:)

Best wishes,
    Claudia
  4. turtlesyndrome

turtlesyndrome New Member

Wow 25 pills is a lot!

Personally I would rather use the powder form instead of taking 25 pills. With the recent popularity of D-ribose I would think that Pro Health would soon start to carry the powder form. I think Dr. Teitalbaum sells the powder form on his sight, endfatigue dot com
  5. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Many thanks to all that responded. I did go to endfatigue site and they promote a rather expensive form of d-Ribose that my Aunt with Parkinson's and another rare disorder (wish I could think of it) is taking. She has gone from bedridden to going to the bathroom by herself and can sometimes sit in a recliner after only a month on this.

I just wonder is there's one kind of d-Ribose that is more effective. I have opted to try the powder form at a less expensive site.

I had tremendouse luck with energy with NADH but also suffered horrific headaches with it......what a bummer. Thought I had something but the side effect for me was terrible.

Many thanks again for any info.

Foxglove
  6. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Hi there,

750mg is actually equal to 7.5g. Does that help with the 25 pills question? In otherwords it sounds like one pill would do it.

I'm looking into starting this myself so I appreciated your post.

Take care,

Sofi
  7. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

Read dr myhill's research on the metabolic element of CFS.

As far as I know, ribose is not intended to treat fibro pain.

I saw no results until i took 15g a day, and after that I could take less as maintenence. But DO NOT forget you are still sick. DO NOT let yourself do more just because you feel better. YOU WILL CRASH.

Don't end up like me. I felt so much better I overworked myself and now am in a serious relapse with parkinson's-like spasms (myoclonic).

The stuff takes out the muscle pain and makes you feel lighter. take it throughout the day to make less effect for hypoglycemia.

CFS 6 1/2 years --- 25 years old
  8. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

Actually, 750 mg. is equal to .75 grams, not 7.5 grams. There are 1000 mg. in a gram. Therefore, you would have to take approximately 6.6 pills 3 times a day. Take care. Marie
  9. foxglove9922

foxglove9922 New Member

Thanks again to all that responded. I too thought, Marie that there were 1000 mg in a gram. Seems like alot of pills to be taking a day.

I have opted for the powder form and ordered it yesterday.

Best wishes to all,

Foxglove
  10. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

I did the same as you today. I continued to search, however. Dr. Teitlebaum's website (endfatigue.com) says D-Ribose in a powered form with each scoop 5 grams. Hence you can get the 5 grams 3 times a day easily with this product. It costs $50. I just ordered it today.