DRibose

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mdshrontz, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mdshrontz

mdshrontz New Member

Has anyone taken this product D-Ribose - claims to help energy, sleep, mental clarity, pain intensity, well-being.
  2. LongStruggle

LongStruggle Guest

D-ribose has helped my energy and calmed down my heart. I was having significant palpitations that heart medication wasn't controlling. Now I'm not taking any heart medicine. The d-ribose helped me to get back to work after being off for several months. Unfortunately, though after working for 2 weeks, I got the flu. The flu is mostly gone, but I haven't made it back to work yet (4 weeks later). My energy level has decreased again. I'm not sure if the d-ribose is not working as well, or if it's just that I'm having some thyroid problems.
  3. Catseye

Catseye Member

I take it every morning along with the other energy precursors I've deemed "mitochondria fuel". The ribose and nadh have to be taken on an empty stomach, separately.

ribose
    magnesium (glycinate, taurate or malate)
    coq10 (oil based gel cap)
    acetyl l carnitine
    nadh

These are important supplements to my energy. I started them in Nov when I was bedridden and I was able to walk around in 2 days. And I haven't crashed since.

For more information and detail about how they help, see this article:

http://www.cfids-cab.org/MESA/DrMyhill-373.pdf

I wish I had first tried these about 4 years ago. I probably would have saved myself from alot of agony.

best wishes,

karen

oh, I don't know if the ribose would have helped me so much if I had taken it alone. I'm feeling way to good now to even try, maybe when I recover more I'll be able to start dropping some of these.
  4. mdshrontz

mdshrontz New Member

Can you give the daily dosage you take below

ribose
    magnesium (glycinate, taurate or malate)
    coq10 (oil based gel cap)
    acetyl l carnitine
    nadh
  5. Catseye

Catseye Member

Sure, here they are:

ribose - started with 1/2 tsp or about 2-3 grams in the morning, but now I'm doing about 1 tsp (about 5 grams) in the morning and again in the afternoon because I'm feeling alot better and getting more active

magnesium - I take a couple different things with magnesium so I end up getting between 600-800 mg per day, throughout the day

coq10 - 200 mg 2x per day

acetyl l carnitine - 500 mg 3x per day

nadh - 5 or 10 mg in the morning, depending on how I feel. If I did alot the day before and wake up feeling drained, then 10mg. Lately, I've been doing more so it's been 10 most of the time.

best wishes,

karen

make sure you take ribose on an empty stomach and don't mix with any protein, especially; I take it in the morning 1/2 hour after the nadh and wait at least 20 minutes before taking food or the other mito stuff[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2007]
  6. virtuoso

virtuoso New Member

7. mdshrontz

mdshrontz New Member

Thank you so much Karen!!
  8. CAAnnieB

CAAnnieB New Member

Hi All,

My Dr. is recommending D-Ribose for Fibro pain & energy. He told me that researchers are actually doing clinical trials on D-Ribose specifically for FM pain.

I'm not sure yet whether it is coincidence or not, but since I began taking the D-Ribose; my pain levels have dropped dramatically! I know it's not the placebo effect, because I honestly wasn't expecting any great improvement, but thought I'd simply give it a try!

My Dr. advises taking 2,220mg (1 scoop) to up to 3 times that amount. (3 scoops) I am using the Jarrow Formulas Brand..."Ribose Muscle Edge" powder. I mix it in with my "Fatigued To Fantastic!" Daily Energy Enfusion drink. (Multi Vitamin/ Energy supplemental powder)

I'm certainly going to continue taking it! I have been taking 1 scoop daily. Maybe I will increase the dose to see if I feel even better! In my opinion, it's work a try for anyone struggling with pain & energy issues. Of course, I'd run it by your Dr...I am not aware of any contraindications.

Blessings,
    Annie