Drinking Cold Beverages

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Newswoman, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I don't know if this is weird or not, but I can no longer drink cold drinks. I'm so cold all the time that drinking a cold drink makes it worse. As the beverage goes down my throat, I feel like my body is aching from the inside because of the cold. Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just crazy?

I only drink water at room temperature. When I have juice, I let it sit out for awhile so it can warm up a bit.
  2. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I don't know if this is weird or not, but I can no longer drink cold drinks. I'm so cold all the time that drinking a cold drink makes it worse. As the beverage goes down my throat, I feel like my body is aching from the inside because of the cold. Does this make sense to anyone, or am I just crazy?

I only drink water at room temperature. When I have juice, I let it sit out for awhile so it can warm up a bit.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Feeling cold all the time can be a symptom of a dysfunctional thyroid. Our thyroid tests may come back normal, but our bodies may not be efficiently utilizing the thyroid hormones.

My doc put my on the lowest dose of Snythroid and it has really helped. While my labs were normal before taking the Synthroid, they have improved since starting it.

Cold drinks can cause our muscles to spasm when we try to swollow. Drinking water at room temperature is better for us.

Love, Mikie
  4. StephKall

StephKall New Member

You are not crazy! Unless we are both crazy. I found just now as I was searching for someone who also had this symptom with Fibromyalgia. I get an awful pain making me feel cold and cramped through out my left leg, back, arms and chest. The first time it happened just thought I was being crazy and over reacting to a brain freeze but after realizing it happens every time I realize it probably has something to do with the fibromyalgia! I realize this post is VERY old but better late then never!