Drinking Gatorade for my migraine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, Mar 28, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

Hi, I seem to remember someone posting that Gatorade had actually helped their migraine headache, but I cannot recall who. Anyhow, I am trying it :>) Had a migraine to come upon me last night very quickly and it has lasted and lasted and I have taken my max on my Zomig and it is somewhat gone but some pain still lingering and I am afraid it will come back as it often does and sometimes when it comes back it is even worse than to begin with. Hubby had the powder gatorade mix in the shop to mix up, so I am gulping it down hoping for the best. Does it really work? I sure hope so, and am giving it my best shot. I wrote it down when it was posted to drink 2 full glasses; hope that is right. I had alot of sugar in past 48 hours and am wondering if that might have caused this particular migraine? I don't usually have alot of sugar because I am somewhat sensitive to it, it can make me real tired and achy, but I got a craving, and went crazy! Since starting Lyrica and being on it 3x daily, my appetite has gone mad. I crave everything in site! oh my. . . LOL Carla
  2. dani78xo

dani78xo New Member

yeah someone did suggest that,
    it was in one of my posts asking about migraines.

i probablycan't try it cause of severee GERD,
    but let me know if it works for you =]
    it's worth it to upset my stomach if it'll get rid of my migraine.

hope it helps
    -danielle
  3. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

I don't know if Gatorade will cure a migraine, but if I've been throwing up (usually from migraine), I'll drink it to help replace fluids and electrolytes. If you are sensitive to sugar, be careful with this, since Gatorade has a ton!

Hugs,
    Hilary