Drinking Mojitos Til I Go Blind

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, y'all. Hope everyone is doing well. I've been in a flare but am better. I'm at that point where I'm antsy because I feel well enough to be up and about but not well enough to really do anything. I finally forced myself to run the vacuum and mop the tile floors. I'll probably go to hell; I always swear a lot when I don't feel up to what I'm trying to do.

My appetite is off too and I can't find anything that looks good to eat. Sooooo, I nuked some nachos (the healthy ones with flax seeds and all kinds of whole grains) with Mexican cheese and I'm drinking Mojitos. I mix them really mild so I don't get too blotto. I'm going to bed early and watch TV or read. I have to work tomorrow. On days I work, that's all I do and I rest when I get home.

Had a meeting at the pool at 8:00 this morning and it was so hot I was sweating like a pig! Suddenly, the rain, thunder, and lightening came crashing down and we hightailed it outta there. I walked down to get my mail (less than a block) and again, I was drenched in sweat and panting for breath. There must still be a bit of the virus in me.

When the going gets tough, the tough drink Mojitos :) It sounds like a worthy pursuit for the rest of the day.

Love, Mikie
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just wondering!

Sounds like a "wonderful" start of your day! Wow. Sorry you are feeling lousy, but better. I know what you mean about the mouth when doing something that is just too much!

Just had the question and wanted to wish you full health soon.

Take care,
  3. Jorgie

Jorgie New Member

OMG they are so tasty! A mojito is traditionally made of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime, carbonated water and mint. (Wiki) I don't think I've ever used sugar in the drinks we make.

I've seen people make pitchers of mojitos, but it's my preference that they be made individually.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Sounds like Spanish for mojo. Appears to be limeade w/ rum. Well, rum and fruit juice are pretty traditional.

In Hawaii such drinks come w/ little umbrellas.

Here in Los Angeles they'd make it w/ tequila; a margarita.

5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I have learned something today.

They sound tasty and refreshing...real icy, I'll bet.

I'd have mine virgin, but my husband might like the whole mix.

6. sisland

sisland New Member

I Hope your getting a good nights sleep after your M's!,,,,,,,Sis
  7. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Why is no one commenting about the nachos? Those sound sooo good. Make an extra plate for me.

Love, Erika
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

1-oz fresh lime juice
    1 packet splenda or sugar,,stir
    4-5 mint leaves
    1 shot white rum
    add ice cubes
    and 2 oz's club soda,,,,garnish with a mint leaf,,,i think this is just for an 12 oz glass,,,,,,double, triple the ingredients for guests!

Zen~~~Wow Yes!
    Nacho's sound really Good right now too! any good recipies for them out there?,,,,,,S
    [This Message was Edited on 06/18/2008]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate your good wishes. I also hope at least some of y'all try the Mojitos and enjoy them. I'm too lazy to make my own and I'm not supposed to have fresh mint because of the Guai Protocol, so I use a prepared mix from the store. Drinks made from scratch must be heavenly.

I get the "healthy" corn chips at Costco and they are made by Foods Should Taste Good. I also use the organic blue corn chips made by the Celestial food group in Boulder, CO, my hometown.

Tequilla and rum drinks with fruit are my favorites but I'm not opposed to Jack Daniels or beer. Basically, I'm an equal-opportunity drinker. Disclaimer: I only drink for medicinal purposes :)

The Mojitos helped me to relax and sleep well. I had a good day at work, even though I worked five hours. With our hours cut, I usually only work from three to four and a half. With the knee surgery, the flu, and this latest virus, I've been thankful for the shortened days. I'll have to work back up to five or six hours. I only have seven and a half hours total next week. This is the first weekend I've ever had off since starting. I believe everything happens for a reason and this new schedule is perfect as I try to recover and get enough rest.

Now, if I could only get some energy going to get things done around the condo and go out and do something I enjoy.

Hugs to you all.

Love, Mikie

BILLCAMO New Member

Now it's<b> PARTY TIME !!!! Mojitos (virgin or otherwise) & Nachos. Gotta go , I'm hungry and thirsty...... LOL

Blessings ,

11. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Bad for the waistline! ;-)

Ever since Mikie mentioned those killer nachos, I can't stop thinking about them. I may just have to go get some healthy/gourmet corn chips and Mexican cheese. My mouth just can't stop watering!

Mucho love, health and happiness to all on this wonderful board.

Love, Erika

12. sisland

sisland New Member

Here's a Thought up Healthy Nacho recipie,,

Healthy chips
    Healthy Cheese
    Fat-Free sour cream
    Guackamolie (SP),,,,
    lean ground beef or turkey,,crumbled and browned,,
    chopped onions,,,,,assemble and enjoy!,,,,,sis

13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That I'm among people of such discriminating taste!

I went to Costco today to pick up my Doxycycline. My old Rx had expired and Doxy is toxic past the expiration date. I got 60 capsules for $4. I have to keep it on hand just in case the mycoplasma infection ever tries to reactivate. Rarely, after a virual infection has started to clear up, I will start running a temperature and my lymph nodes will swell. I take a week's worth of the Doxy to keep things under control. I am lucky that I have such a cooperative doc. But I digress...

I was going to buy more of the healthy chips but the place was full of shoppers and the lines were long. I just got the Doxy at the pharmacy and left. I'll not go there again on the weekend. So, here I sit with no chips to go with my Mojitos. Major catastrophy!

I did score some huge savings on capri pants and shorts at a local dept. store. They have sales and take 40 percent off of merchandise which is already 50-70 percent off on clearance. Here in the Jungles of SW FL, all we wear are shorts and capris with tee shirts and flip-flops (the kind you wear on your feet, not politicians :) Mine get a bit tattered after a while so this will freshen up my wardrobe for the year.

In fact, I think I should celebrate by hoisting a Mojito. Talk to y'all later.

Love, Mikie
  14. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Those Mojitos and nachos sound wonderful I know allot about nachoes since we live in TX. I have heard of mojitos but never have had any.

Please pass the nachos through the screen please. MMMMM, good some Mojitos to if you have any left.(-: !!

Hope you are feeeling better now.

Hugs and blessings,

15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hope you enjoyed the nachos and Mojitos I passed through to you. Last night, I just had a little red wine. Like I always say, I only drink for medicinal purposes :)

Love, Mikie