Driving did not go so well this week-end

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bailey-smom, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I got back from my grandma’s last night. It is a 4 hour drive & it was my first indication on how bad FM is affecting me right now. I couldn’t believe it! I took off from home - I love to drive & usually do not have a problem - ½ hour from home I had to start putting aspercream on my neck & I turned on the heat & massage seat that I put under me. Needless to say, it was a looooong drive. The drive home was a little better - I left earlier in the day.

I had a great visit - it isn’t often I get to see her w/o the girls with me. Next time I will bring them again - they were not happy that they had to stay home with dad this time!

Hope everyone had a great week-end!

Kelly
  2. bozey

bozey New Member

that you had a nice visit even with the long drive. Sometimes it's just worth it tho'. Hopefully you'll bounce right back.
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

The last trip I made was only 2 hours. The next day, my arms were killing me, could hardly raise them.

That was a good idea to take along your heat & massage seat. Do you plug that into your cigarette lighter?

I also take my aspercream anywhere I go.
  4. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Hi Kelly,

I'm so glad you had a good visit with your Grandma--those are precious memories you made.

I think it's great that you can even drive. I'm afraid to take even 20 minute drives because I start to fall asleep.

Have a great day!

Francie