Driving

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Betsy2, Mar 28, 2003.

1. Betsy2

Betsy2 New Member

My fog is getting so bad that I am afraid to drive anymore. Yesterday, I ran a red light right in front of the police department. Luckily, I didn't have an accident. Earlier, I slid to a stop at a yellow light after it had been raining. My boyfriend says he is getting so he is afraid to ride with me after a few close calls this past week. I feel like I just can't concentrate like I used to.
  2. nancyw

nancyw New Member

Hi Betsy2: I know exactly what you mean. I haven't had any close calls yet, but I feel like I'm going to do something stupid because I seem to "zone-out". It's a weird feeling, like I can't process all the little details of driving (watching stop lights, cars behind me, changing lanes, etc.) I don't drive too much since I'm not working, but sometimes I do drive my grandkids to my house. I actually bought a full-size truck last year because it's easier to get into (step up instead of sit down) and it's easier to see from. I've only had one accident in my life and it really scares me to think what could happen. FYI: someone not too long ago posted something on driving. You can do a search and find the message.
  3. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

I hardly drive anymore. Sometimes I need groceries and just don`t feel well enough to be on the road. Plus can barely turn my neck to look behind. Big highlight of my day is finding a spot I can pull in andout of straight on.lol Pretty said when 1 gets so excited about a parking spot??? Dog gone frustating isn`t it? Take Care out there. Hugsss