Dropping things

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillieblake, Aug 18, 2008.

1. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

The biggest problem I have is from dropping things. Anything, light or heavy, can fall from my hands without my knowing it.

I don't know if that is from this dd, or if it has to do with carpal tunnel or cervical disc problems, I have both problems.

2. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I drop things all of the time also. As a matter of fact, prior to getting the correct depression medication, I went through a stage to where, everytime I would pick something up, I would throw it on the floor because I knew that's where it was going first anyway. That eased my mind to know that I was going through the correct process. LOL!

OK, I know it's not funny and to think about what I did was pure silly.

I know what you're going through and it's very frustrating. I couldn't be sure if it's the dd, carpel tunnel or cervical disc problems. I have had the cervical bone fusions and that may be it. Just don't know.

Good luck in trying to find out what it is. It could be a "nervous system" that's causing it. Take care,

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I get it. Some days I just drop everything. I don't know why. Coordination off, muscle weakness, who knows. But I get it, too.
  4. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I know what you mean. If I don't need something I drop it on the floor, because I know that I will knock it over getting what I do need.

The floor is a mess, but the counter tops look great!

5. TxMissy

TxMissy New Member

I have help sometimes when I get the dropsy's (sp)!! Specially when I am in the kitchen. My 3 dogs sit in the doorway and wait and wait...they know I WILL drop something! It is so bad with the dropping thing that my blue-heeler picks things up and hands it to me sometimes! Now if I can just teach 'em to find things for me!!! LOL
    Take care all...
  6. ellie5320

ellie5320 New Member

all the time
    I am afraid to pick up anything that is breakable
    I bought one of those unbreakable dinner sets they do lol
    I have very little left