Droppy Eye

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ginlyn07, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ginlyn07

ginlyn07 New Member

I was diagnosed in 2002 with FM, but always feel like the doctors are missing something, but I am sure we have all felt that way. A couple of times my right eye lid has been droppy. I had to go to a new doctor due to insurance and I wanted her to test me for MG. She took blook work and prescribed Lyrica and naprosean, even though I told her I have taken that before with no help. I went back for my results and she said all my blood work came back fine, but I have a feeling she didn't test for MG. I finally got her to refer me to a Neuro. I told her that my muscles hurt so bad and I am so weak, so she wanted to send me to a orthopedic doctor and prescribe physical therapy. I am like you don't know what's wrong with me an if I have MG, a therapist would have to know that because you can cause major damage to your muscles with to much activity. I don't need more problems.

Did anybody with FM have a droopy eye?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

whats MG?
  3. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

I had a good long look at my face and decided that the droopy eye, eye brow and muscle next to my mouth is the result of a stroke (I also have extremely high blood pressure).

When I go to the neurologist next week, I am going to present this possibility to him, because he has also written TIA in my records.

But I agree you need to see a reumotologist. The orthopedic doctor I was sent to when I first started complaining about pain said a neurologist would be better. The neuro. dx'd the FM. I wasn't referred to a rheumotolgist because they were looking for MS.