Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Mar 19, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Sorry for the multiple posts - and most of them venting - but I feel overwhelmed and I don't have anyone else to talk to about this.

Financially, FM has hit me hard. On my previous posts, I listed the costs of my medical bills, which tops $600 a month. On top of that, I am having trouble keeping up at work. My production is 50% of what it was before I got sick, therefore, my pay has been cut by almost 50%. Of note, I work at home. As sick as I am, I don't think I could work outside the home anymore. My bills are piling up. I'm on food stamps. Every week I either call in sick, or cut out early because I'm just so tired I can't work. I try to make up hours on my day off, but by the weekend, I'm so tired I usually sleep at least 24 hours.

Of course, this stress makes my FM worse, which in turn makes me take more meds, and take more time off work.

How do I get out of this vicious cycle?
    [This Message was Edited on 03/20/2009]
  2. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

shari sorry to hear about the problems...it is really hard i know.

i don't know if you have dependants or are married but is there a way you can quit (or go on sick leave), go on SSI, and seek treatment?

i know it would require a lot of sacrifices but it may be worth it in the end.

3. 3gs

3gs New Member

Hi Shari sounds like your overwhelmed. Wow 600 a month is alot. If you are on food stamps can you also get medical? Is that for insurance or meds?
    There are alot of programs altho I know that can be overwhelming and sometimes you fall thru the cracks. Talk to your case worker. Maybe look into
    allsup about stopping work. Your body is telling you to stop.

let us know
    warm hugs