Dr's office sent info on space age surface EMG for free

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gramaT, May 3, 2006.

1. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Do you all think I should go for the free tests? This is I think from a chiropractor who's in with my former Dr. I have no coverage either for chiro. The treatments take a month total and have a money back guarantee. They call it an EMG scan. I thought it was testing the nerves with needles. what do ya think guys??

thanks,
    Carolyn in Ill
  2. zoemurr

zoemurr New Member

it is interesting. I had it done at a chiro. They run a scanner type thing up and down your spine. It shows where/how hard your muscles are working even when you are just sitting still. It shows how hard they are pulling in opposite directions when they should be resting. It came up in all the places I would have expected it too (where my pain is.) Of course then they want you to stay and get adjusted regularly so they can help you ease that pain.

That being said, I have seen many drs. and my chiro is the only one who has helped me. The adjustments were scary at first, but really are no big deal. The pain has lessened quite a bit, and if I have a very bad pain day she can often fix it almost immediately. (By fix it I mean taking me from an 8/9 to a 3/4 on the pain scale.)

I don't have ins. that covers her and I pay $30-$50 a session and go quite regularly. She offers many services. Some seem more "voo-doo" than others.

It would be interesting to see the scan, but if you can't go for the treatments it may be a waste of time. I wouldn't think they could do much in a month either. I would recommend a good chiro to anyone. I have been very happy with mine.

Good luck.
  3. gramaT

gramaT New Member

Thanks Zoemurr..
    You were very helpful. also, thanks for recommending getting a chiro. I will try that. I heard of one who is willing to work with people who don't have insurance like me and if he is good, I'll probably keep going.

I think its all about taking the stress off the nerves that are affected with this DD

Thanks again
    Carolyn